Age: 29 Years
Husband: Ranbir Kapoor
Education: 10th Standard
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||33-26-34|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|Debut||Film (Child Artist): Sangharsh (1999)
Film (Lead Role): Student of the Year (2012)
(Film) (Playback Singer): "Sooha Saha" from Highway (2014)
Film (Producer): Darlings (2022) Filmfare
|Awards||In October 2022, she became one of the recipients of the Time100 Impact Awards. The award has been initiated by Time Magazine annually for achievers from different walks of life. NDTV
|Date of Birth||15 March 1993|
|Age (as of 2022)||29 Years|
|Nationality||British Hindustan Times|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Did Not Attend|
|Educational Qualification||High School|
|Caste/Ethnicity||Gujarati (father-side); Kashmiri & German (mother-side)|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian (turned vegetarian in 2015)|
|Address||205, Silver Beach Apartments, B Wing, A. B. Nair Road, Next To Guestline Hotel, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Note: for a detailed information about her house; click here
|Hobbies||Singing, Listening to Music, Doing Yoga, Travelling, Cooking, Playing the Piano|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes: Smelling her fingers, Studying (while lying down), Playing Handball, Sleeping for 12-14 hours continuously
Dislikes: Eating hot food and beverages
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2013: Best Female Debut for Student of the Year by Times of India Film Awards
2015: Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress for Highway
2017: Filmfare Best Actress Award for Udta Punjab
2017: Listed in Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia
|Tattoo||Written "Pataka" in Hindi on the backside of her neck
|Controversies||• In 2014, she participated in an extravaganza in Uttar Pradesh's Saifai village (Saifai Mahotsava organised by Samajwadi Party); at the time when Muzzafarnagar riots took place in Uttar Pradesh. She later apologised for it and said that she regretted not being much politically aware.
• After appearing in a chat show "Koffee With Karan," she was trolled for her lack of general awareness and was labelled as "Beauty without Brains." In an episode, featuring along with Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan, she replied Prithviraj Chauhan; when asked who was the President of India!
• Her name also appeared in the infamous AIB Roast Scandal. An F.I.R. and an arrest warrant was also issued on her name.
• She was heavily trolled and criticized for promoting nepotism; after Sushant Singh Rajput committed suicide on 14 June 2020. Many Instagram followers unfollowed her over the nepotism row. Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, and Salman Khan were among the others who were also criticized for promoting nepotism in Bollywood. The Print
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
|Marriage Date||14 April 2022
|Marriage Place||Vastu Building in Mumbai|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Ramesh Dubey (childhood boyfriend, class 6th)
• Ali Dadarkar (childhood boyfriend, class 8th)
• Varun Dhawan (Actor, Rumoured)
• Kavin Mittal (Businessman, Rumoured)
• Sidharth Malhotra (Actor)
• Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)
|Children||On 6 November 2022, she gave birth to her first child, a baby girl. India Today Later, the actress announced that they have named her Raha; the name was chosen by Neetu Singh. NDTV|
|Parents||Father- Mahesh Bhatt (Director, Producer, Screenwriter)
Mother- Soni Razdan (Actress, Director)
|Siblings||Brother- Rahul Bhatt (step-brother; a fitness trainer)
• Pooja Bhatt (half-sister)
• Shaheen Bhatt (Elder)
|Cousin(s)||Emraan Hashmi and Mohit Suri (both are her maternal cousins)|
|Food||Fish, Ragi Chips, French Fries, Rasgulla, Dahi-Chawal, Moong Dal Halwa|
|Actor(s)||Bollywood: Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Govinda
Hollywood: Leonardo DiCaprio
|Actress(es)||Bollywood: Kareena Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut
Hollywood: Jennifer Lawrence
|Film||Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)|
|Musician||A. R. Rahman|
|Filmmakers||Sooraj Barjatya, Karan Johar|
|Fashion Label(s)||Topshop and River Island|
|Perfume/Scent||Bleu de Chanel (she likes mens' fragrances)|
|Restaurant||Ellipsis in Mumbai|
|Book||The Fault In Our Stars by John Green|
|Song||"Money On My Mind" by Sam Smith|
|Destination(s)||Himachal Pradesh, London|
|Car(s) Collection||• Land Rover Range Rover Vogue
• Audi Q7
• Audi Q5
• Audi A6
• BMW 7-Series
|Salary (approx.)||$1.342 million (INR 10 crore/film as of 2018) Dailyhunt|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$3.35 million (INR 25 crore as of 2018) Dailyhunt|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alia Bhatt
- Does Alia Bhatt drink alcohol?: Yes
- Alia was born to a Gujarati-Hindu father and a Kashmiri-German-Muslim mother.
- She had expressed her desire to become an actress when she was just 2 years old.
- She was first seen as a child artist in the film ‘Sanghrash’ (1999); starring Akshay Kumar and Preity Zinta, in which she played the younger Preity Zinta.
- She never wanted her debut film to be directed or produced by her father, Mahesh Bhatt.
- When she was around 15 years, she had screen-tested for Balika Vadhu with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Earlier, she used to be overweight, but for the demand of a glamorous role in her debut film ‘Student of the Year’ (2012), she lost around 16 kg of weight; after getting trained by a personal trainer for 3 months under a strict diet.
- She beat 400 girls at the auditions to get the lead role in ‘Student of the Year.’
- In 2014, she turned singer and sang “Sooha Saaha;” soundtrack in the film ‘Highway.’
- She is an animal lover and has done campaigning for PETA to raise awareness about homeless animals.
- Alia is scared of darkness, and that’s why she sleeps at night with lights on.
- She prefers to drink cold beverages over hot ones.
- She has a habit of smelling her fingers.
- Alia has a habit of making diary entries every night.
- Alia believes she is a very lazy person and can sleep for more than 12 hours at a stretch.
- She likes to use men’s perfumes only.
- She has a god-gifted flexible body and can twist her body parts very easily.
- She gets very nervous while travelling by air.
- She can’t afford to have a meal without curd as she is so addicted to it.
- She first met Ranbir Kapoor, when she was 11 years old, and since then, she had a crush on him.