|Other Name(s)||• Hip-hop Heartthrob Pitchfork
• Bronx Justin Bieber Pitchfork
|Real name||Tione Jayden Merritt Complex|
|Profession(s)||Rapper, Singer, Songwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Song: Resume (2018)
Studio Album: True 2 Myself (2019)
Extended Play: No Comparison (24 December 2018)
|Genre(s)||Hip-hop, Trap, R&B, Drill|
|Billboard Listing||• 2019: Polo G's single "Pop Out" featuring Lil Tjay listed number 11 on the Billboard Hot 100
• 2019: EP titled F.N listed number 56 on the Billboard Hot 100
• 2019: Music albumTrue 2 Myself peaked number 5 on the US Billboard 200
• 2020: Single "20/20" reached the Billboard Hot 100
• 2021: "Calling My Phone" ranked number three on the Billboard Hot 100
|Date of Birth||30 April 2001 (Monday)|
|Birthplace||South Bronx, New York City, U. S.|
|Age (as of 2022)||21 Years|
|Hometown||New York City, U. S.|
|Tattoo||On his right forearm: 'Maivey' and a rose tattoo
|Controversy||Booked for Possessing Arms and Marijuana
On 30 December 2020, he was arrested in Brooklyn for possessing weapons and marijuana. Reportedly, while he was driving his car, he was frequently switching lanes without giving signals which got the attention of the traffic police. Later, when the local police searched his car they found a few arms and marijuana in his car. Pitchfork
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Rubi Rose (rumoured ex-girlfreind; American rapper) The Sun
• Lala Baptiste (rumoured; model) Distractify
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Siblings||He has two younger siblings.|
|Singer(s)/Rapper(s)||Drake, Meek Mill, Usher|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lil Tjay
- Lil Tjay is an American rapper who rose to fame with his debut single as a lead artist titled ‘Resume.’ On 22 June 2022, he was gunshot multiple times by a rapper after which Lil was hospitalised and underwent major surgery.
- He was born in a Ghanaian family, and his mother raised Lil Tjay and his siblings singlehandedly.
- According to Tjay, he was the most problematic child in his family. While he was studying in school, he used to get involved in activities like robberies and fights with schoolmates.
- When he was 15, he was arrested by the local police in a robbery case and was sent to the youth detention centre.
- While he was at the detention centre, he started writing rap songs. In an interview, while talking about his detention years, he said,
I learned how to be true to myself. I learned how to be militant, and how to think of things by myself. When you’re incarcerated, you don’t have anybody. You have to learn how to think for yourself. I started seeing how I wanted my story to be told. Going to jail is one of the best things that happened to me. It helped me get my mind right.”
- In 2016, he started releasing his music on the online audio distribution platform and music sharing website SoundCloud. At the age of 16, he released his track “Resume” which became very popular. In 2018, he competed in the artist showcase ‘Coast 2 Coast LIVE’ and was placed in the first position. In the same year, he released the English single “Brothers.” He was then signed by the American record label Columbia Records.
- Some of his other singles are “Ride for You” (2018), “Long Time” (2018), “Go In” (2019), and “20/20” (2020).
- Once, some of his songs were leaked before their release. In an interview, while talking about getting his songs leaked, he said,
I didn’t know who the fuck was leaking my songs. My songs were just popping up on everything and everybody was laughing about it like, “Yo, I got the unreleased Lil Tjay.” So I’m like, “Aight, I got some more heat. I don’t give a fuck if y’all are leaking it. I’m going to keep dropping more shit.” So I named the song “Leaked” and put the cover art as a leaked song.”
- On 2 April 2021, he released the English music album ‘Destined 2 Win’ under which he released the songs like “Calling My Phone.” “Headshot,” and “Losses.”
- Some of his extended plays include ‘F.N’ (2019), ‘State of Emergency’ (2020), and ‘Strictly4MyFans’ (2022).
- Lil Tjay has also featured in a few English songs like “Pop Out” (2019) by Polo G, “Slide” (2019) by French Montana, “Mood Swings” (2020) by Pop Smoke, and “Elegance” (2022) by Nafe Smallz.
- He has also made a few guest appearances in songs like “Street” (2018), “Barbarian” (2020), “Genius” (2021), and “World Watching” (2022).
- In 2019, he performed in various music tours along with the Seattle rapper Lil Mosey. He also performed at various music festivals like Rolling Loud Miami music festival and Los Angeles festival.
- On 22 June 2022, a man named Mohamed Konate attempted robbery on Lil Tjay at The Promenade in Edgewater, USA. In the attempt, Tjay was gunshot multiple times, and two other people named Antoine Boyd and Jeffrey Valdez who was accompanying Tjay were also gunshot by the robber. Lil and one of his friends were immediately rushed to a nearby hospital. Later, the local police arrested the shooter with three counts of first-degree attempted murder, three counts of first-degree armed robbery, and multiple weapons offences. Lil’s friends were also arrested for unlawful weapon possession. The Economic Times
- Lil Tjay loves to play soccer. In an interview, while sharing his memories of playing soccer, he said,
Man, I used to play soccer all the time when I was in elementary school – every recess we used to run out and play. From Kindergarten through to the fifth grade that was the main thing to do. In middle school and high school I guess I fell back from it. To be honest, I’m not really in tune with any sport but soccer was the first one for me that was part of my life and I enjoyed playing. “
- Lil Tjay is often spotted smoking cigarettes and cigars.