|Famous For||Becoming the first women to be appointed as the interim chairman and managing director of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• In 2021, she received the Silver Stevie Award in the Woman of the Year category at the International Business Awards.
• In 2021, she received the Leadership of the Year Award at the Learning and Development Summit.
• In 2020, she won the Most Admired Leader Award by the Forum for Emotional Intelligence Learning.
• In 2020, she won the Sustainable HR Leadership Award at 28th World HRD Conference.
• In 2019, she won the FICCI CSR Award for ONGC CSR projects.
|Date of Birth||Year, 1963|
|Age (as of 2022)||59 Years|
|College/University||• DAV College, Dehradun
• Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s) Alka Mittal- Linkedin||• MA in Economics
• PhD in Business/Commerce, Corporate Governance
|Relationships & More|
• Neha Mittal
• Nupur Mittal
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alka Mittal
- Alka Mittal is an Indian professional who is known for being the first female to be appointed as the interim chairman and managing director of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation on 4 January 2022. She replaced the interim head Subhash Kumar who retired on 31 December 2021.
- Mittal joined ONGC as a trainee in 1985. After training for some time, she was chosen for the post of chief skill development (CSD) of the company. On the ONGC website, the description written about Alka read
In her capacity as chief skill development (CSD) she streamlined the activities and brought in uniformity in the working of the Skill Development Centres of ONGC.”
- In 2018, she became the director (HR) of the ONGC. She was the first woman to be the full-time Director in ONGC, and she served as HR for more than three years.
- In 2022, she was appointed as the first female chairman and managing director of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation. Before Alka became the chairman, Nishi Vasudeva was the first woman to head the oil company Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) in 2014.
- Mittal started the process of Green Recruitment in ONGC by the online application process and conducting the online interviews.
- When she served as the CSD, she made the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) in ONGC under which 5,000 apprentices were trained at different centres.
- After she was appointed as the chairman and managing director, ONGC also tweeted about it.
#ONGC Director (HR) Dr @AlkaMit26713758 has been entrusted with additional charge of ONGC CMD, making her the first woman to head the #Energy major . @CMD_ONGC @PetroleumMin @HardeepSPuri @Rameswar_Teli pic.twitter.com/3yCJvkT2dT
— Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) (@ONGC_) January 3, 2022