|Real Name||Amala Mukherjee|
|Other Name||Amala Akkineni|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Dancer, Social Activist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Date of Birth||12 September 1968|
|Age (as in 2018)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|College||Kalakshetra College of Fine Arts, Chennai, India|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Fine Arts in Bharata Natyam|
|Debut||Film (Tamil): Mythili Ennai Kaathali (1986)
Film (Telugu): Pushpaka Vimana (1987)
Film (Kannada): Pushpaka Vimana (1987)
Film (Hindi): Dayavan (1988)
Film (Malayalam): Ente Sooryaputhrikku (1991)
TV (Tamil): Super Mom (2010)
|Address||Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, India|
|Awards||• Filmfare Award South for Best Actress-Malayalam – 'Ulladakkam' (1991)
• Filmfare Award South for Best Supporting Actress-Telugu – 'Life Is Beautiful' (2012)
• CineMAA Awards for Best Outstanding Actress – 'Life Is Beautiful' (2013)
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Akkineni Nagarjuna (Actor)|
|Marriage Date||Year, 1992|
|Husband/Spouse||Akkineni Nagarjuna (Actor)|
|Children||Sons- Akhil Akkineni (Actor), Naga Chaitanya (Step Son- Actor; photo in the husbands' section; above)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Naval Officer)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Favourite Food(s)||Vada Pav, Fish|
|Favourite Colours||Yellow, Red|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$50 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amala Akkineni
- Amala Akkineni is an Indian actress who works in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, and Hindi films.
- She was born to a Bengali father and an Irish mother.
- She is a trained classical dancer and had given many worldwide live performances before starting her acting career.
- She was first noticed and convinced by an actor and director T. Rajender for doing the role of ‘Bharat Natyam dancer’ in his movie ‘Mythili Ennai Kaathali’ in 1986.
- She has worked in more than 55 films in 6 different languages.
- Before marriage, she did movies- ‘Siva'(1989) and ‘Nirnayam'(1991) along with her husband Nagarjuna.
- After the marriage, she took a break from the film industry and came back in 2012 with the Telugu film ‘Life is Beautiful’.
- She is the co-founder of an NGO ‘The Blue Cross of Hyderabad’ in Hyderabad, India, which works for the welfare of animals and preservation of animal rights in India.
- In 2014, she also worked in the Tamil TV serial ‘Uyirmai’ in which she played the role of ‘Dr. Kavitha Sandeep’.
- In 2015, she became the director at Annapurna International School for Film and Media, Hyderabad.
- She is the stepmother-in-law of popular actress Samantha Akkineni.