Age: 40 Years
Husband: Sujit Patker
Hometown: Mumbai, Maharashtra
|Profession(s)||Film Producer, Businesswoman, Writer, and Psychologist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||Film Producer (Marathi): Balkadu (2015)
|Date of Birth||16 April 1982 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||40 Years|
|College/University||• Indira Gandhi National Open University
• University of Mumbai, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery Afternoon Voice
Note: In 2021, she was arrested by the Mumbai Police for obtaining a fake PhD degree in 2009 which was issued by the Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University, Kanpur. Mumbai Mirror
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Instagram- Swapna Patker|
|Controversies||• Arrested in Fake Degree Case
In April 2021, the Indian social worker Gurdeep Kaur Singh received a few documents related to her fake PhD degree. The documents were sealed in an envelope and the sender’s name was not written on it. Gurdeep immediately filed a complaint against her at a nearby police station. Swapna was then arrested for making a fake PhD degree from Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University, Kanpur. Reportedly, based on her fake degree, she got a job in one of the top hospitals in Mumbai. During the hearing of the case in the Bombay High Court, Swapna said that the intrigant behind her arrest was Sanjay Raut. The Times of India She said,
"The arrest is a "revenge arrest" because I filed a case for being stalked by particular individuals "allegedly at the behest of Shiv Sena Member of Parliament Sanjay Raut."
According to the 13-page verdict of the Bombay High Court,
"The petitioner is a woman. In the exigency of the situation on account of the Covid19 Pandemic, the aspect of the continued detention of the petitioner also merits consideration. The petitioner claimed that a minor son and other are dependent on her. Since we are of the view that the offence punishable under Section 467, which entails imprisonment for life, is not prima facie made out, in the peculiar facts of the case, the aforesaid factors persuade us to grant the relief of bail to the petitioner pending consideration of this petition for quashment of the charge for the offences punishable under Sections 467 and 468 of the Penal Code.”
The court further added,
"In the light of … exposition of the legal position reverting to the facts of the case, prima facie, the PhD certificate, does not fall within the ambit of the definition of valuable security. The submission on behalf of the prosecution that the intrinsic evidence of the PhD certificate betrays the fact that the certificate is forged, if viewed in the backdrop of the patent typographical and grammatical mistake, may carry some substance. However, at this stage, at the most, the charge for the offence punishable under Section 465 can be said to have been prima facie made out. The further issue as to whether an offence punishable under Section 467 of the Penal Code is made out is a matter which warrants consideration. Since the investigation is in progress, we do not propose to delve deep into this aspect of the matter. It would suffice to observe that the question of complicity of the petitioner for the offence punishable under Section 467 of the Penal Code would warrant consideration and examination.”
On 27 June 2021, Swapna was granted bail by the Bombay High Court.
• Viral Audio Tape of Sanjay Raut
In 2021, Swapna filed a harassment case against Raut. According to one of her interviews, she shared that the tiff between her and Raut started in 2012, post the demise of the Indian politician Bal Thackeray. In an interview, while talking about it, she said,
"After Bala Saheb, Shiv Sena lost the support it had garnered too. And Sanjay Raut began with all his nonsense. He turned into a free bird and started doing whatever he wanted to. He used to direct me at every step of my life- don’t do this, don’t do that; don’t meet this person, don’t meet that person. In 2013, I was attacked twice with sharp knives. I also have an FIR filed in the Mahim police station. In another incident, my car was vandalized in Vakola and I had registered an FIR in the Vakola police station too. Till now, nobody has been nabbed. The perpetrators are still unknown to me. Each and everything was manipulated as per Raut’s whims and fancies. It took me 8 years to realize that."
She further said that in 2013, she was not aware that Sanjay Raut was the person behind all such incidents. In 2014, an encounter specialist named Praful Bhonsle started interrogating her family and friends. Raut became very possessive for Swapna and even abused her for not following his instructions. In an interview, she shared that she even submitted a call recording of Raut in a court in which he was abusing her. She further said that in 2017 her Facebook ID was hacked and a suicide note was posted on it which is alleged to be done by Sanjay Raut and his associates.
In 2020, she started receiving video calls on WhatsApp from some unknown naked men, who harassed her mentally. According to some media sources, as she was the witness in the Patra land scam case (in which the prime suspect is Sanjay Raut), she was being threatened by Sanjay Raut and his associates for not giving any statement against Raut. In an interview, when the reporters asked her about taking some action against Raut and his associates, Swapna said,
"I have been suffering since 2013, I have reached out to the police, to the NCW, NHRC, High Court; I have tried everything I could. I soon realized that even the court is not considering this to be a critical situation and is not pulling my case up. I have nowhere to go. Nobody is helping me and I am being vilified at each step. I want to ask everyone, if a woman is suffering such an ordeal, where should she go? All the authorities have failed me. I have written to Uddhav Thackeray, to the PMO, Arvind Kejriwal, Sonia Gandhi, Devendra Fadnavis, Chitra Wagh, Subhash Desai, Anil Desai. I have done everything possible for me to do. I did not want to bring this to the public domain and get my reputation and career damaged, but I have no place to go to now. Twitter is the last resort for me.”
On 29 July 2022, an audio of Sanjay Raut went viral on social media in which he was alleged to abusing Swapna Patker. On 31 July 2022, Swapna filed a complaint against Sanjay Raut under IPC sections 504 (insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation), and 509 (intending to insult the modesty of a woman). Hindu Post
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Sujit Patker (estranged; businessman)
|Children||Son- Shaan Patker
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Swapna Patker
- Swapna Patker is an Indian psychologist, film producer, writer, and businesswoman. In August 2022, an audio of the Indian politician Sanjay Raut went viral in which he was abusing and threatening Swapna, a witness in the Patra Chawl land case. She is the wife of Sujit Patkar, who is a close aide of Shiv Sena leaders.
- In March 2004, she started working at Neverending Dreams- The Corporate Enhancement Co. for mental wellness.
- After working there for almost four years, she worked as a visiting officer at various institutes and universities in Mumbai including St. Francis Institute of Management & Research, KC College of Management Studies, ITM Group of Institutions, and Garware Institute of Career Education and Development.
- In 2008, she started a wellness clinic and online counselling organisation named Mindworks Training Systems in Mumbai.
- In 2012, she started another mental wellness, training, and coaching institute ‘Dream & Happiness’ in Mumbai.
- In March 2013, Swapna started ‘Saffron Hotels’ in Mumbai, and a year later, she founded a film production company named Royal Maratha Entertainment. Under her banner, she released two Marathi films ‘Balkadu’ (2015) and ‘Rakhmabai’ (2016).
- In August 2016, she joined Manipal Global Education Services as a subject matter expert.
- In October 2016, she started working as a senior psychologist at IWill by EPsyClinic, an online psychological therapies platform.
- In 2017, she was invited as a guest speaker at TEDx Talks organised by IIM, Rohtak.
- From January 2019 to April 2021, she worked as a clinical psychologist at Lilavati Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai.
- Swapna has authored a few books like ‘Jivan Funda’. She has also worked as a writer for the corporate magazines ‘Corporate India’ and ‘India & Business.’ She has written the columns named ‘Corporate Mantra’ & ‘Athavdyacha Manus’
- She even wrote Harvard Business Review on ‘India & Business.’ She has written columns named ‘Corporate Mantra’ & ‘Athavdyacha Manus’ for the Marathi newspaper Dainik Saamana.
- When the Indian politician Bal Thackeray was alive, Swapna used to share a cordial relationship with him and his family.