Jonita Gandhi (Singer) Height, Weight, Age, Affair, Biography & More
Age: 30 Years
Hometown: Ontario, Canada
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Real Name||Jonita Gandhi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 57 kg
in Pounds- 126 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||23 October 1989|
|Age (as in 2019)||30 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|School||Turner Fenton Secondary School, Brampton, Canada|
|College/University||Richard Ivey School of Business (University of Western Ontario)|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHSc), Honors Business Administration (HBA)|
|Singing Debut||Bollywood: Chennai Express Title Track (2013)
|Family||Mother- Sneh Gandhi
Father- Deepak Gandhi (Electronics Engineer, Runs a music studio)
Brother- Mandeep Gandhi
|Favourite Food||Tofu, Sushi, Aamras Puri|
|Favourite Songs||'Lag jaa gale' from the movie 'Woh Kaun Thi'
'Aap ki nazron ne samjha' from the movie 'Anpadh'
'Aji rooth kar kahan jaiyega' from the movie 'Aarzoo'
|Favourite Singers||A. R. Rahman, Benny Dayal, Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhonsle|
|Favourite Musicians||A. R. Rahman, Bruno Mars, East or West|
|Favourite Music Genre||Romance, Classical Music, Opera|
|Favourite TV Shows||Dexter, Silicon Valley, The Big Bang Theory, Girls|
|Favourite Actress||Alia Bhatt|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jonita Gandhi
- Does Jonita Gandhi smoke: Not Known
- Does Jonita Gandhi drink alcohol: Yes
- Jonita was born in New Delhi but she grew up in Toronto and Brampton as her family migrated to Canada when she was 9 months old.
- Jonita Gandhi’s tryst with music began when she first performed a gig at her father’s show on a Christmas event in Toronto. She was only 7 years old at that time. Notably, her father is a musician by hobby and an Electronics engineer by profession.
- She has learned Western Classical Music from Ontario Conservatory of Music.
- Jonitha even got trained in Indian Classical Music while she returned to India.
- Interestingly, unlike other singers, Jonita didn’t undergo any formal training in singing while growing up. She just learned the basics of the art by listening to veteran singers like Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle. However, later, in order to sharpen her skills so as to become a Bollywood playback singer, she finally had to undergo training in Indian classical singing.
- While doing her graduation, Jonita went under an internship at ‘CIBC World Markets.’
- She even cleared a test to take admission in the medical field but she chose not to be a doctor as she felt that it would not give her enough time for her singing.
- After her graduation, she became a part of a musical group led by singer Sonu Nigam. As part of the group, she performed live in many countries viz. Russia, USA, England, etc.
- She says that if not a singer, she would have been a corporate banker.
- She first featured in A. R. Rahman‘s studio album “Raunaq (2014),” after which, she worked with him in his several other projects.
- Her ‘Break-Up’ song from the movie Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016) became an instant hit upon release.
- When asked in an interview that despite receiving only a little training in the Indian Classical Music, how she has managed to establish herself in Bollywood, she replied,-
Even though western classical music is very different from Indian classical music, I have been able to use it to my advantage and that’s what makes me unique. In Bollywood, Indian classical singers aren’t valued as much as people who are versatile in other genres.”