Husband: Sameer Sharma (IPS Officer)
Age: 37 Years
Hometown: Prakasam, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Name Earned||Young Dynamic Officer|
|Famous For||Being the first woman IAS officer to be appointed as the District Collector of Warangal Urban District.|
|Major Designation(s)||• Sub-collector of Vikarabad, Telangana (2013)
• Director of the Women and Child Welfare Department (2014)
• Joint Collector of Ranga Reddy District, Telangana (2015)
• DC of Warangal Urban District, Telangana (2016)
|Date of Birth||4 November 1982 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Prakasam, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|School||Sai Satya Mandir School, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|College/University||• Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, India (B.Tech)
• Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, India (MBA)
|Controversy||During the Republic Day Speech in 2018, she drew flak for laughing. She fumbled for some Telugu words and laughed twice. She was criticised heavily for laughing in an official event. The News Minute|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||18 February 2018 (Sunday)|
|Husband/Spouse||Sameer Sharma (IPS Officer)
|Parents||Father- Venkat Reddy Kata (Professor at the Andhra University)
Sister- 1 (Works at the Revenue Department of Karnataka)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amrapali Kata
- After receiving her MBA from IIM, she joined a Business bank, ‘ABN AMRO.’
- She secured 39th rank in her UPSC exam in 2010. She was also one of the youngest candidates to crack the exam.
- Her brother-in-law is also an IAS officer.
- Kata has also been a private secretary to the Union Minister of State for Home, G. Kishan Reddy.
- For years, she has constantly been working against inadequate sanitation, poor hygiene, unsafe water, etc. To spread awareness, she also distributed the books titled “Economics of Sanitation.”
- A group of her fans, admirers installed an idol of her in Warangal. In the idol, she is holding the lord Ganesha in her lap.
References/Sources: [ + ]
|1.||↑||The News Minute|