|Full Name||Shilpa Shetty Kundra|
|Nicknames||Manya, Honey bunch, Babucha, Silly Pooh|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Model, Producer, Entrepreneur, Author|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 7"
|Date of Birth||8 June 1975|
|Age (as of 2023)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|School||St. Anthony Girls' High School, Chembur, Mumbai|
|College||Podar College, Matunga, Mumbai|
|Debut Film||Baazigar (1993)|
|Family||Father- Surendra Shetty (tamper-proof water caps manufacturer)
Mother- Sunanda (tamper-proof water caps manufacturer)
Sister- Shamita Shetty (Younger, Actress)
|Address (Fan Mail Address)||Shilpa Shetty Foundation
Bungalow No. 158, SVP Nagar
Near Janki Devi School, Behind Telehone Exchange
MHADA Versova, Andheri (West)
Mumbai - 400 053
|Hobbies||Dancing, Cooking, Working out at gym, Doing Yoga|
|Controversies||• In April 2006, Madurai court issued non-bailable warrants against Shilpa for "posing in an obscene manner" in photographs published by a Tamil newspaper.
• On 15 April 2007, Richard Gere hugged and forcefully kissed Shetty on the cheek during an AIDS-awareness event.
• Shilpa's husband's ex-wife, Kavita accused Shilpa of being the reason for their divorce.
• In December 2017, an FIR was lodged against Shilpa Shetty and Salman Khan at Andheri Police station, Mumbai by Navin Ramchandra Lade, General Secretary of the Rojgar Aghari Republican Party of India for allegedly using the word "bhangi" at a public place, which hurt the sentiments of the Scheduled Caste community.
• On 19 October 2021, Shilpa Shetty and her businessman-husband Raj Kundra sent a 50-crore defamation notice to Sherlyn Chopra for ruining their reputation by making "false and baseless" allegations against them. They also sought an unconditional public apology from Chopra in leading newspapers and on digital media platforms within seven days. Earlier, Chopra had filed a complaint against Shetty and Kundra at the Juhu police station and accused the couple of committing fraud against her; she also levelled allegations of harassment, cheating, and criminal intimidation against them. The Hindu
|Food||Kori Roti, Corn pulao, Chicken Biryani, South Indian Food, Low-cal soups and salads|
|Breakfast Food||Upma and Idli|
|Actor||Bollywood: Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda
Hollywood: Jackie Chan, Tom Cruise
|Perfume Brand||S2 (her own perfume brand)|
|Holiday Destination||Lake Como, Italy|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Akshay Kumar (Actor)
Anubhav Sinha (director)
Raj Kundra (Businessman)
|Marriage Date||22 November 2009|
|Children||Daughter- Samisha Shetty
Son- Viaan Raj Kundra
|Car Collection||Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600|
|Net Worth||$14 Million|
Some Lesser known Facts About Shilpa Shetty
- Does Shilpa Shetty smoke?: No
- Does Shilpa Shetty drink alcohol?: No
- She started her modelling career at the age of 16 when she passed her 10th standard examinations in 1991.
- She is a trained Bharatnatyam dancer.
- She was very active in sports since her childhood, she was the captain of her school volleyball team.
- In an interview, she said that “Akshay used me and left when he found someone else.”
- She contested in “Big Brother 2007” and won the title.
- She was a victim of racism in Big Brother house and she said that the ill-treatment she got in the house-made her feel that she was losing her dignity and self-esteem.
- She was racially abused by the fellow contestants Jade Goody, Jo O’Meara and Danielle Lloyd.
- Later, Jade Goody was widely condemned for her behaviour.
- Shilpa is a black belt Karate champion.
- Besides the Hindi language, she fluently speaks English, Marathi, Tulu, Telugu, Gujarati, Tamil & French.
- She was the captain of the baseball team during her school days, she also played Volleyball in her school days.
- She was invited to meet with Queen Elizabeth II in London (2007)
- A documentary was produced by The British production company TwoFour ‘The Real Shilpa Shetty’.
- She is the co-owner of IPL team, Rajasthan Royals.
- She practices Ashtanga Yoga as often as possible (45 minutes daily).
- She is the founder of “Viaan Mobiles”, a perfume brand, “S2” and an online shopping site, “BestDealTV”
- Shilpa Shetty, in an interview, revealed that during her mother’s pregnancy, doctors had recommended considering an abortion due to the complications; her mother faced continuous bleeding, which raised concerns about the possibility of a miscarriage. Shilpa’s mother, on the other hand, decided to continue with the pregnancy which led to the birth of Shilpa Shetty. India Today In the interview, Shilpa Shetty said,
My mom told me that when I was conceived, she thought she was going to lose me, and the doctors suggested that she should abort the child because she went through a very difficult pregnancy. They thought she was going to have a miscarriage because she was constantly bleeding. I was stillborn. I just feel like I am a survivor.”