Age: 71 Years
Hometown: Nagpur, Maharashtra
Wife: Aarti Deshmukh
|Full name||Anil Vasantrao Deshmukh citation|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Political Party||Nationalist Congress Party|
|Political Journey||• Minister of State for Education and Culture (1995)
• Minister of State for School Education, Information and Public Relations and Sports & Youth affairs in 1999
• Minister of Public Works Department in 2004
• Minister of Food and Civil Supplies and Consumer affairs in 2009
• Minister of Home Affairs in 2019
• Resigned as Maharashtra's Home Minister on 5 April 2021
|Date of Birth||9 May 1950 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||71 Years|
|School||Katol High School|
|College/University||Agriculture College, Nagpur Punjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth|
|My NetaEducational Qualification||• B. Sc. from Agriculture College, Nagpur
• M. Sc. from Agriculture College, Nagpur
|Controversy||In 2021, Anil Deshmukh faced accusations from the ex-police commissioner of Mumbai, Param Bir Singh. Param Bir Singh, in a letter, revealed that Anil Deshmukh had asked Sachin Vaze that he had a target of collecting Rs. 100 crore per month from several bars, restaurants, and other establishments. However, Deshmukh denied the allegations saying that Param Bir is trying to save himself by blaming others and he further added that he will file a defamation case against Param Bir if he fails to prove his claims. On 5 April 2021, after the Bombay High Court directed the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to conduct a preliminary investigation into former Mumbai Commissioner of Police Param Bir Singh's allegations levelled against Deshmukh, he resigned as Maharashtra's Home Minister. The Indian Express To probe corruption allegations against Anil Deshmukh, the CBI registered a preliminary inquiry on 6 April 2021. The Hindu|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Hrishikesh Deshmukh
|Siblings||Anil Deshmukh has a sister
|Car Collection||Ford Endeavour
|My NetaNet Worth (approx.)||Rs. 19.5 crore (as of 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anil Deshmukh
- Anil Deshmukh is the Home Minister of Maharashtra and an Indian politician belonging to the Nationalist Congress Party. He was a member of the 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, and 14th Maharashtra Legislative Assembly representing Katol.
- Before getting appointed as the Home Minister of Maharashtra, Anil Deshmukh has served on several ministerial positions like Minister of Food & Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs and Minister of Public Works Department in the Government of Maharashtra. He was also the Minister of State for School Education, Information, Public Relations, Sports and Youth affairs. He was also appointed as the Minister of State for Education and Culture for the Maharashtra government.
- In 1995, Anil Deshmukh was a part of the minister cabinet in the BJP-Shiv Sena coalition. However, in 1999, Anil Deshmukh left the coalition and joined the newly formed Nationalist Congress Party.
- After the alleged involvement of the encounter specialist of Mumbai Police, Sachin Vaze, in the Ambani Bomb Scare and the murder of Mansukh Hiren, many names have come forward including Param Bir Singh and Anil Deshmukh. After the incident, Anil met Sharad Pawar who came forward to support Anil and try to reflect his innocence in the case.
- In the 2014 elections, Anil Deshmukh lost the elections from the Katol seat to his nephew, Ashish Deshmukh. However, he made a comeback in 2019 and regained the Katol seat as an NCP candidate in the 2019 Maharashtra assembly elections.
- During his time off, Anil Deshmukh likes to spend time with his family. He is also fond of adventure sports.
- Anil Deshmukh is very active on his official Instagram account where he posts all the latest updates regarding the work done by the police force, general information about famous personalities, and many videos of his conferences and meetings.
- Anil was the first home minister to work at the Pune City control room for a day and attend phone calls on the midnight of 31st December. He also spent New Year eve with police personnel and appreciated their service.
- Over the years, Anil Deshmukh has served in different departments of various ministries and introduced several groundbreaking technologies and techniques to improve the functioning of those departments. As the PWD minister, Deshmukh introduced the Bandra Worli Sea Link project to make the commute easier for people. He also introduced stock monitoring systems, GPS tracking systems on kerosene tankers, and many other beneficial things.