Age: 65 Years
Wife: Caroline Brossard
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||22 June 1955|
|Age (as of 2020)||65 Years|
|Birthplace||Warud, Tahasil Shindkheda, Dist Dhule, Maharashtra|
|Hometown||Dhule district, Maharashtra|
|College||Government Law College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualifications||B.com, LLB, Charted Acountant|
|Debut||1980 as an intern at J. B. Dadachandji & Co|
|Family||Father- N. K. P. Salve (Politician)
Mother- Ambriti Salve (Doctor)
Sister- Arundati Upadhyaya
|Religion||Christianity Mumbai Mirror|
|Hobbies||Listening to music, teaching|
|Controversies||• In February 2009 CJP activists group (Citizens for Justice and Peace) represented by lawyer Kamini Jaiswal, alleged that Salve was not fit to be amicus curiae in the Gujarat Riots cases due to his indifferent attitude to their complaints of a shoddy investigation by the special team.
• An article in Tehelka magazine published in 2011, claimed that Salve was misusing his position as amicus curiae in the Gujarat Riots case by simultaneously lobbying for companies with state government officials, who were part of the investigation he was overseeing for the court.
• In an Interview to Ashish Khetan, Salve admitted the article's factual assertions, rejected any possibility of a quid pro quo as an amicus curiae. He said, "I am appearing against Narendra Modi and his government's misdeeds. I'm not appearing against Gujarat. If a project is good for Gujarat I will again direct it to Gujarat. If you can show that I have received one rupee from this I will leave this profession and go."
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||First Marriage- Year, 1982
Second Marriage- 28 October 2020
|Wife/Spouse||First Wife- Meenakshi Salve (m. 1982; div. 2020)
Second Wife- Caroline Brossard (artist) (m. 2020-present)
Daughters- Saaniya Salve and Sakshi Salve
Some Lesser Known Facts About Harish Salve
- Does Harish Salve drink alcohol?: Yes
- Harish Salve is an Indian lawyer who is specialized in constitutional, commercial and taxation laws.
- From 1 November 1999 to 3 November 2002, he served as a Solicitor General of India.
- Harish is the son of N. K. P. Salve who was the prominent politician and the member of Indian National Congress. His mother, Ambriti Salve, was a doctor. His grandfather, P.K. Salve, was a successful criminal lawyer and his great-grandfather (father of P.K. Salve) was a munsif (subordinate judge).
- Harish started his career in 1980 at J. B. Dadachandji & Co first as an intern and later as a full-time lawyer.
- He fought the case of Krishna- Godavari Basin gas dispute in support of Mukesh Ambani‘s Reliance Industries Limited against Anil Ambani‘s Reliance Natural Resources Limited.
- He has appeared for Ratan Tata many times in a privacy petition concerning the Niira Radia tapes scandal.
- Harish has handled the case of Vodafone in its $2.5 billion tax dispute with the Indian government. He initially lost the case in the Bombay High Court, but later won it at the Supreme Court after taking a temporary residence in London and relocating his office there to solely focus on the case.
- He defended the actor Salman Khan from going to jail. Salman was sentenced to five years in jail for a 2002 hit-and-run accident that left one man dead and four others injured.
- In 2009, Indian TV channel India Today ranked him 18th most powerful person in India.
- In 2017, he represented India in International Court of Justice in the Kulbhushan Jadhav case. Jadhav has been sentenced to death by a Pakistani military court on charges of spying.
- Harish desires to teach in Oxford University one day.