|Real Name||Rahul Sharad Dravid|
|Nickname||The Wall, Jammy, Mr. Dependable|
|Profession||Former Indian Cricketer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 76 kg
in Pounds- 168 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 41 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|International Debut||Test- 20 June 1996 vs England at Lord's
ODI- 3 April 1996 vs Sri Lanka at Singapore
|International Retirement||Test- 24 January 2012 vs Australia at Adelaide
ODI- 16 September 2011 vs England at Cardiff
|Coach/Mentor||Keki Tarapore, G R Vishwanath|
|Domestic/State Team||Karnataka, Canterbury, Kent, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Rajasthan Royals|
|Nature on field||Cool
|Likes to play against||Australia
|Favourite Shot||Cover Drive|
|Records (main ones)||• His two partnerships in ODI, 318-run partnership with Sourav Ganguly and 331-run partnership with Sachin Tendulkar, is a world record.
• He holds the record for playing greatest number of innings before being dismissed for a duck.
• In test, he scored 5 double centuries and each of them was a higher score than the previous one (200, 217, 222, 233, 270).
• He holds the record for the highest percentage of runs scored in matches won under his captaincy.
• In the year 2000, he was named one of the Wisden Cricketers of the year.
• In August 2011, by delivering the Bradman Oration in Canberra, Dravid became the first non-Australian to do so.
• After Sachin Tendulkar, Dravid is the only Indian cricketer to score 10000 runs both in tests and ODIs.
• By having 210 catches, he holds the record for the most number of catches taken by a player (non-wicket-keeper).
• He is the only batsman to score a century in each test playing nation.
|Career Turning Point||When he scored 277 runs in a three test match series against South Africa and was awarded with Man of the Match.|
|Date of Birth||11 January 1973|
|Age (as in 2017)||44 Years|
|Birth Place||Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|School||St. Joseph's Boys' High School, Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|College||St. Joseph's College of Commerce, Bangalore University, Bangalore, Karnataka, India,
St Joseph’s College of Business Administration, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
|Educational Qualifications||Degree in Commerce|
|Family||Father- Sharad Dravid
Mother- Pushpa Dravid
Brother- Vijay Dravid
|Hobbies||Playing Hockey, Listening Music, Reading|
|Controversies||• During an ODI with Zimbabwe in January 2004, he was fined half of his match fees for ball-tampering.
• He was criticized for declaring the Indian inning during the Multan Test in March 2004, when Sachin Tendulkar was at the crease with 194 runs with 16 overs remaining.
|Favourite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite Food||Chicken Tikka Masala, Dal and Rice, Mango Milkshake|
|Favourite Film||Braveheart, Ghost|
|Favourite Actor||Tom Cruise, Aamir Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Demi Moore, Michelle Pfieffer|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Vijeta Pendharkar, Surgeon (married 4 May 2003)
Sons- Samit Dravid (born 2005), Anvay Dravid (born 2009)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rahul Dravid
- Does Rahul Dravid smoke?: No
- Does Rahul Dravid drink alcohol?: No
- He started playing Cricket at the age of 12 and scored a century for his school team.
- Though, he lives in Karnataka but he belongs to a Marathi family and his mother tongue is also Marathi.
- His father worked in a factory that makes jams which resulted in his nickname, “Jammy”.
- His another nickname, “The Wall” came from an advertisement by Reebok which mentioned him as “The Wall”.
- In 2004-2005, Dravid was voted the sexist sports personality in India in an online survey.
- In his childhood, he was obsessed with Hockey and was in-fact selected in the Karnataka’s junior state hockey team.
- In Bangalore, there is a local tournament at the school level named after one of his nicknames, “Jammy Cup” and the Man of the Match gets the title of “Jammy of the Day”.
- He is known for his techniques in batting and is considered as the perfect batsman in the world of cricket.
- Although, he is considered as a test batsman, he holds the record for the second fastest 50 (in 22 balls) among Indian batsmen in ODI after Ajit Agarkar’s 67 runs of 21 balls.
- His MTV Bakra episode became very popular.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)