Wife: Anju Malik
Age: 58 Years
|Real Name||Anwar Malik|
|Profession(s)||Music Director, Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||2 November 1960|
|Age (as in 2019)||59 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Debut||Music Direction: Hunterwali 77 (1977)|
|Family||Father- Anwar Sardaar Malik (Music Director)
Mother- Kausar Jahan Malik
Brother(s)- Daboo Malik (Music Director) and Abu Malik
Sister- Not Known
Nephew(s)- Armaan Malik, Amaal Mallik, and Aadar Malik
Neice- Kasheesh Malik
|Controversies||• There was a verbal fight between him and singer Mika Singh on the sets of a reality show where Mika had come to promote his film, "Loot".
• He has been accused of copying songs for movies like Murder, Akele Hum Akele Tum, Deewane Huye Paagal, Hameshaa, Auzaar, Baazigar, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi, Imtihaan, Kareeb, etc.
• In the 1990s, Alisha Chinai alleged that she was sexually harassed by Anu Malik.
• In 2018, during the #MeToo India campaign, singer Sona Mohapatra accused him of being a 'serial predator.' Also, singer Shweta Pandit and Caralisa Monteiro accused him of sexual harassment. Alisha Chinai also stood by all the women who spoke against him, and said, "Every word said and written about Anu Malik is true. I stand by all the women who have finally spoken up. May they find peace and closure in their lives."
• In October 2019, another playback singer, Neha Bhasin, also joined Sona Mohapatra, and Shweta Pandit to accuse Anu Malik of indecent behavior under the #MeToo India campaign. She said that at the start of her career, she had an uncomfortable experience with him. Bhasin tweeted her allegation in reply to singer Sona Mohapatra’s string of tweets criticizing the composer and Sony TV for hiring him back as the judge of Indian Idol.
|Favourite Food||Not Known|
|Favourite Actor||Ranveer Singh|
|Favourite Actress||Poonam Dhillon|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Daughter- Anmol Malik and Ada Malik
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anu Malik
- Does Anu Malik smoke?: No
- Does Anu Malik drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Anu received training in music from his father Sardar Malik, was a music director himself.
- He had to wait for almost 16 years from his debut to taste the success from musical blockbuster Baazigar (1993).
- Ghulam Ali’s song in the film Awaargi (1990) was made by him, but the song was recorded by the music director of the film, R.D.Burman.
- In 2010, he quit Indian Idol because singer Sunidhi was being paid 7.5 lakhs (INR) per episode as compared to his 5 lakhs (INR) per episode.
- He composed the pending music of R.D.Burman after his death, in films like Gang (2000), and Ghatak (1996).
- He has an amazing ability to compose a flat song in around 20 minutes.
- His daughter, Anmol has sung “Talli” song from the film Ugly Aur Pagli (2008).
- He won the National Film Award for his music in the film Refugee (2001).
- Anu has composed music for more than 350 films.
- In 2019, Anu Malik faced a lot of backlash after being reinstated as a judge on Indian Idol 11. The singer later took a three-week break from the show to clear his name from the #MeToo allegations, which were put on him by singers like Shweta Pandit, Sona Mohapatra, and Neha Bhasin among others. India Today