|Real Name||Sujata Chinai|
|Nickname(s)||Alisha Chinoy, Baby Doll, Indian Madonna|
|Famous For||Her song 'Made in India' (1995)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Date of Birth||18 March 1965|
|Age (as in 2018)||53 Years|
|Birthplace||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|Debut||TV (As a Judge): Indian Idol 3
Album (Hindi): Jaadoo (1985)
Album (Konkani): Old Goan Gold (1985)
Film (Bollywood): "Zooby Zooby" song from the film 'Dance Dance' (1987)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Filmfare Best Female Playback Award for the song "Kajra Re" from the film Bunty Aur Babli in 2005
• International Billboard Award
• Freddie Mercury Award for Artistic Excellence
|Controversies||• In 1995, she became a news headline when she filed a sexual harassment case against Anu Malik. She claimed that he had molested her and demanded ₹26.60 Lakhs as compensation.
• Later, Anu Malik had denied all the charges and reported a defamation suit against her worth ₹2 Crore.
|Relationships & More|
|Affair/Boyfriend||Romel Kazzouah (2003) (Canadian Musician-Entrepreneur)
|Husband/Spouse||Rajesh Jhaveri (m. 1986-1994) (her Former Manager)
|Parents||Father: Madhukar Chinai (Singer)
Mother: Name Not Known
|Favourite Song(s)||Attention by Charlie Puth, Despacito by Luis Fonsi|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alisha Chinai
- Does Alisha Chinai smoke?: Not Known
- Does Alisha Chinai drink alcohol?: Yes
- She belongs to a Gujarati family. Her parents gave her the name Sujata Chinai, which she later changed to Alisha (the name of her cousin’s daughter).
- She was introduced to the Hindi Film Music Industry by the veteran music composer and director “Bappi Lahiri.”
- In the 1980’s, she gave several disco hits with Bappi Lahiri such as Love Love Love, Guru, Tarzan, Dance Dance, Commando, and more.
- In the starting of her career, she has done playback singing for Bollywood’s well-known names including Sridevi, Divya Bharti, Juhi Chawla, Karisma Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit, and others.
- In 1985, she sang for a music album “Old Goan Gold” with Remo Fernandes in Konkani language.
- In 1987, she lent her voice in Pankaj Parashar’s film “Jalwa;” the song was composed by Anand-Milind.
- One of her greatest hits of that time was from the film “Mr. India (1987):” “Kate Nahi Kat Te,” which she had sung with Kishore Kumar.
- Her another famous track in 1989 was “Raat Bhar Jaam Se” from the film “Tridev;” the song had music by Kalyanji-Anandji and Viju Shah.
- In the 1990s, she rose to the peak of her career by giving several hits, and in 1995, she gave the biggest hit of her career i.e., “Made in India.”
- After her serious fight with Anu Malik in 1995, she again worked with Anu Malik in 2003. She sang a song for his film “Ishq Vishq;” which was the debut film of Shahid Kapoor.
- In 2005, she became famous all over the country with her song ‘Kajra Re’ from the film “Bunty Aur Babli;” the song featured Aishwarya Rai, Amitabh Bachchan, and Abhishek Bachchan.
- In the same year, she gave another Bollywood hit “Tinka Tinka Zara Zara” from the film “Karam;” the song featured Priyanka Chopra and John Abraham.
- In 2007, she became a judge at a singing reality competition show “Indian Idol 3” along with Javed Akhtar, Anu Malik, and Udit Narayan. After this, she judged another singing competition show “Star Ya Rockstar” along with Anu Malik.
- She has lent her voice in several movies including Taaqatwar (1989), Naaraaz (1994), Chehraa (2005), No Entry (2005), Aap Ki Khatir (2006), Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009), Krrish 3 (2013), and more.
- She is also known as a pop diva in the Indian Music Industry.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography