Age: 42 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Real Name||Amrik Singh|
|Profession||Singer, Musician, Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 15 inches
|Debut||Song: Saawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag (2008)
Film: Mitti (2010)
TV: Music Ka Maha Muqqabla (2009)
|Date of Birth||10 June 1977|
|Age (as in 2019)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Durgapur, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Patiala, Punjab, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not known|
|Controversies||• Mika Singh landed into a controversy after he kissed Rakhi Sawant on his 35th birthday bash. The actress later filed a molestation case against the singer.
• In 2014, Mika knocked down an auto rikshaw causing serious injuries to the passenger. He was thus booked with a hit-and-run case. Later, Singh clarified that it was not him who was driving the car.
• In 2015, he attracted controversy after he slapped a doctor during his live concert in Delhi.
• The Bollywood singer, Sonu Nigam, filed and won the case against Mika for using his images without his consent.
• In December 2018, Mika was charged with sexual harassment case and arrested by the UAE authorities as he reportedly sent some adult content to a 17-year-old Brazilian girl through his Whatsapp.
• Mika again attracted controversy by flaunting the lipstick mark on his cheeks through his Twitter account and saying that it was given by Bipasha Basu during the TV show ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil.’ However, he later clarified that it was not Bipasha but Dadi in the show who kissed him.
• Mika along with his brother, Daler Mehndi, got involved in a case that included sending people out India illegally.
• Singh even offended his co-guest, Kanika Kapoor, on the sets of "Comedy Nights With Kapil." He called Kapoor Chris Gayle's 'Bhabhi' and hinted her to be his wife. However, he calmed her down by saying “Main Chris ko sikha raha hoon. Aap bura mat maaniye.”
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Late Ajmer Singh Chandan (musician and farmer)
Mother- Balbir Kaur (State level wrestler)
|Siblings||Brothers- 6 (Daler Mehndi, Late Shamsher Mehandi, Late Amarjeet Singh)
|Favourite Food||Mutton Nalli Nihari and Reshmi Kebab
|Favourite Actor||Salman Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Mahira Khan (Pakistani)|
|Salary (approx.)||15 Lacs/song (INR)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$5 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mika Singh
- Does Mika Singh smoke?: No
- Does Mika Singh drink alcohol?: Yes
- Mika was born into a family with a musical background.
- His father, who was a Gurbani singer, sold his property in Punjab and relocated to Patna before his birth.
- He was brought up in Patna, Bihar and Patiala, Punjab along with his 6 brothers.
- He began to play the Tabla at the young age of 8, learned harmonium at the age of 12 and ended up taking guitar lessons after two years. Initially, he wanted to become a music director.
- He started his career as a Kirtan (religious) singer.
- He dedicated a self-composed Patriotic song (Vande Mataram) to Mother India at an exclusive show for Indian Army.
- Mika has an NGO ‘Divine Touch’, inspired by his mother as she always wanted him to help others.
- He composed the song “Dar Di Rabb Rabb Kardi” for his brother, Daler Mehandi and it was a huge hit.
- Singh wanted to establish himself as a singer so he started visiting various recording studios but he got rejected every time because of his unconventional voice. He, then, decided to launch his own music album.
- Mika’s debut song “Saawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag” was a huge hit and made him an overnight star.
- He has lent his voice to many hit Bollywood film songs including “Mauja Hi Mauja,” “Singh Is Kinng,” “Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!,” “Dil Bole Hadippa,” “Jugni,” “Dhink Chika,” and “Gandi Baat.”
- Singh has also sung many songs in Punjabi, Marathi, Bengali, Telugu, and Kannada.
- He is the first singer to have lent one voice to five actors in a song.
- He is a fan of Badshah‘s Rapping.
- Mika has also tried his acting skills in Punjabi films like “Mitti, “Wrath Kapoor,” “Loot,” and “Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya.”
- He is close friends with singer and rapper Honey Singh, recently he gifted a Harley Davidson bike worth Rs. 14 lakh to him for singing a song for his album.
- Mika once said during an interview that he could have sung the “Channa Mereya” song better than Arijit.
- His entry in Punjab University, Chandigarh is banned since 2009 after he passed dirty comments at a girl during his show in the campus fest.
- He is affectionate towards animals and has 18 pet dogs, 2 camels, and 2 horses.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)