Hometown: New Delhi
Age: 37 Years
Husband: Sameer Uddin
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 4”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||18 November 1982|
|Age (as in 2019)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Frank Anthony Public School, New Delhi|
|College||Lady Sri Ram College, New Delhi, India|
|Singing Debut||Bollywood: Bullet- Ek Dhamaka title track (2015)
Album (Solo): Tabaah (2010)
|Family||Father- Ashoke Bhasin
Mother- Rekha Bhasin
Sister- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
|Favourite Singers||Sunidhi Chauhan, Lata Mangeshkar, Britney Spears, Shakira|
|Favourite Musical Instrument||The Piano|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband||Sameer Uddin (music composer)
|Marriage Date||October 23, 2016|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neha Bhasin
- Neha’s love for music can be traced back to her school days, during which she won many singing competitions.
- Also an avid dancer, Neha knew at a young age that no pop star could survive without learning a few dance moves. Hence, she enrolled into Shiamak Davar’s dance academy so as to get acquainted with various dance forms.
- Simultaneously, she took vocal classical training from Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan.
- Neha began her singing career as a part of the band, Viva. Notably, Viva was the first ‘all-girls’ band of India, the members of which were chosen via Channel [V]’s reality show- Coke [V] Popstars. The group also comprised of the future singing star, Anushka Manchanda.
- ‘Viva’ entered into the Limca Book of Records for being the 1st band to have over 50,000 people in attendance for their first concert.
- Naturally, the band became very popular upon its inception; however, with the passage of time, the band members started having differences, which resulted in the inevitable band split in 2004.
- Although she has given her voice to many tracks, she is best remembered for the songs ‘Kuchh Khaas Hai’ from Fashion (2008), ‘Dhunki’ from Mere Brother Ki Dulhan and “Asalaam-e-Ishqum” from Gunday (2014).
- In addition, Neha is a multi-lingual singer. From Telugu to Tamil, she has given her voice for all music industries.
- Neha is the first Indian female singer to endorse Sennheiser, the leading German brand for microphones and other audio equipment.
- In October 2019, she joined the row of #MeToo India accusers who framed allegations against the famous Indian music composer and singer, Anu Malik. Bhasin tweeted in reply to another playback singer, Sona Mohapatra‘s string of tweets criticizing the composer and Sony TV for hiring him back as the judge of Indian Idol.