Apoorva Shukla (Rohit Shekhar Tiwari’s Wife) Age, Family, Biography & More
Marriage Date: 11 May 2018
|Known For||Strangulating her husband, Rohit Shekhar Tiwari, to death|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-35|
|Date of Birth||16 December|
|Birthplace||Indore, Madhya Praesh|
|Hometown||Indore, Madhya Praesh|
|School||SICA Senior Secondary School, Indore|
|College/University||A College in Indore (Name Not Known)|
|Address||A Flat in Defence Colony, South Delhi|
|Controversy||On 24 April 2019, she was arrested on the charge of strangulating her husband, Rohit Shekhar Tiwari to death; after a heated argument between the two on 16 April 2019; over Tiwari's alleged affair with her Sister-in-law|
|Relationships & More|
|Mariage Date||11 May 2018
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rohit Shekhar Tiwari|
|Husband/Spouse||Rohit Shekhar Tiwari (Politician)
|Parents||Father- P. K. Shukla (Advocate)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Santosh Shukla (Advocate)
Sister- Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Apoorva Shukla
- Apoorva Shukla is an advocate at the Supreme Court of India.
- She is best known for being the wife of Rohit Shekhar Tiwari, son of the former Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, N. D. Tiwari.
- She did her schooling from SICA Senior Secondary School, Indore.
- After completing her law studies from Indore, Apoorva started practising as a lawyer at the Indore High Court.
- She is an avid dog lover.
- Apoorva’s father, P. K. Shukla is a senior advocate at the Indore High Court. Her brother, Santosh Shukla, is an advocate in the Supreme Court of India.
- In 2017, Apoorva met Rohit for the first time in Lucknow; they had met through a matrimonial site. They started dating and were in a live-in relationship for a year before getting married.
- Soon after her marriage with Rohit in May 2017, their relationship started growing sour. Every now and then, there would be a fight between the two.
- Reportedly, Apoorva was not happy with Rohit’s habits of drinking and coming home late in the night.
- Apoorva also doubted that Rohit had an affair with his Sister-in-law. on 10 April 2019, Rohit had gone to Kathgodam to cast his vote, and on 15 April, when he was returning to his home in Delhi, Apoorva made a video call to him, and she found that Rohit was drinking and was accompanied by her Sister-in-law. It made Apoorva furious, and she decided to confront Rohit. When Rohit arrived, he went straight to his room on the first floor and slept. After midnight, Apoorva went into his room and confronted him about his close relations to his sister-in-law. Rohit clarified there was nothing going on and dismissed the argument as he was very drunk. This enraged Apoorva and she pounced on Rohit and strangulated him to death with her hands and used a pillow to phase out his screams. She cleared the room, destroyed all evidence and returned to her room.
- On 16 April, Rohit’s mother called him several times, and each time Apoorva would pick up and ask her to not disturb Rohit as he was sleeping. At 3:30 in the afternoon, Rohit’s employee, Golu, went into his room to wake him up and found he was bleeding through his nose. He immediately informed his mother and she rushed to his home in an ambulance. He was taken to Max Speciality Hospital, Saket; where he was declared brought dead.
- Rohit’s body was transferred to AIIMS for a postmortem; where it was found that he died due to asphyxiation by strangulation. A police case was registered and after the statement of his mother and Apoorva were recorded.
- When questioned over the next few days, the police grew suspicious of Apoorva as they found many irregularities in her statement.
- On 24 April 2019, she was arrested and brought in for questioning, and after several changes to her statement, she broke down and confessed to her crime.