Age: 24 Years
Height: 5' 7"
|Famous For||Being the first runner-up in Miss World France 2021|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Miss World Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||33-25-37|
|Debut||Miss Pays d'Aix 2020 (winner)|
|Achievements||• Miss Pays d'Aix 2020 (Winner)
• Miss Provence 2020 (Winner)
• Miss France 2021 (First runner-up)
• Miss World 2021 (Top 13)
|Date of Birth||16 March 1999 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||24 Years|
|Hometown||Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur (PACA)|
|College/University||ESG Ecoles de commerce|
|April Benayoum - LinkedIn Educational Qualification||• Baccalauréat litteraire
• Brevet de technicien supérieur (BTS) in international trade
• Bachelor's degree in marketing
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian April Benayoum - Instagram|
|Controversies||Subjected to Anti-Semitic Remarks
Following the Miss France event, Benayoum, who is of Israeli origin, experienced a wave of anti-Semitic remarks on social media after discussing her Israeli roots during the competition. Comments such as "Hitler missed this one" and "Don't support a Jew" surfaced. The matter also attracted a lot of media coverage in France. Seven individuals were convicted due to their online comments about Benayoum's heritage. Many prominent figures, including Amandine Petit and French politicians Éric Ciotti, Christian Estrosi, Renaud Muselier, and Gérald Darmanin, stood up against this discrimination. Legal action was pursued by Marlène Schiappa against those behind the attacks, leading to charges against eight people for their anti-Semitic remarks towards Benayoum. 20 Minutes
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Illan (Singer and actor) (rumored)
• Sasha Elbaz (French journalist, columnist, and TV host) (rumored)
|Husband/Spouse||April is unmarried.|
|Parents||Father- Didier (Chief warrant officer of gendarmerie)
Mother- Nelly Benayoum (née Stojcic) (School monitor at a collège)
|Siblings||She is an only child. SQOOL TV - YouTube|
|Movie||The Davinci Code|
|Quote||'Time is never wasted when given to others.'|
|Salary (approx.)||30K Euros (as of 2021) Public|
Some Lesser Known Facts About April Benayoum
- April Benayoum, a French model and beauty pageant contender, rose to fame after winning the first runner-up title in Miss World France 2021.
- She won the Miss Provence contest in October 2020, succeeding Lou Ruat.
- While she majorly grew up in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur (PACA) region, her childhood was marked by frequent relocations due to her father’s job as a policeman. She lived in cities like Menton, Martigues, and Éguilles which proved to have an important role in transforming her from a shy and introverted child to a more sociable person. SQOOL TV – YouTube
- In the Miss France pageant, she initially ranked in the top fifteen, then the top five, and finally settled as the first runner-up behind Amandine Petit. As a representative from Provence, this was the second year in a row someone from the region won such an honor.
- When Amandine Petit couldn’t represent France in Miss World 2021 due to commitments, the Miss France Committee, under Sylvie Tellier, chose Benayoum for the task. This decision came due to the COVID-19 outbreak where the Miss World contest, originally set for December 2021 in San Juan, Puerto Rico, was pushed to March 2022. The date of the event was also coincidentally Benayoum’s birthday.
- Pageantry runs in her blood. Her paternal grandmother, Georgette Ivaldi, held the title of Miss Marseille in the 1950s.
- Benayoum pursued a master’s in marketing, in order to launch her own makeup brand someday. Miss World – YouTube
- She is also passionate about environmental causes which is mainly driven by her upbringing near the coastal regions. She supports the cause by joining groups like “Clean My Calanques.”
- Besides standing against global warming, she is also a representative against racism and violence. The anti-Semitic backlash she faced transformed her into a voice against violence and harassment.
- Benayoum got a lot of modeling offers after she won the first runner-up title in Miss France. She was featured on Elle magazine’s cover page and walked the runway in Casablanca with Amandine Petit, the winner of Miss France. She also became the brand ambassador for Camaieu.
- She once featured in the Fort Boyard competition and the 2021 Cannes Film Festival.
- Benayoum was one of 109 women representing Marianne in a Panthéon exhibition.
- During her childhood, one of April’s dream jobs was also to be an interpreter since she has always loved learning new languages. She is fluent in French, English, Italian and German.
- When she was in school, her mother would often give her tasks related to the world map. This piqued her interest in subjects like geography and Greek mythology.
- Besides being an interpreter, she also wanted to be a wildlife veterinarian since she loved animals.
- Apart from going to the gym, the model also likes to play some sports, especially volleyball.
- April is on-vegetarian and often consumes meat products for high-quality protein after a workout. April Benayoum – Instagram