|Famous For||His viral video, which was posted by filmmaker Vinod Kapri on Twitter. In the video, Pradeep can be seen running with a backpack on his shoulders. When Vinod offered him a ride to his home, he declined the offer and said that he runs approximately 10 km every night from his workplace at McDonald's in sec-16, Noida to his home in Barola, Noida to practice for his selection in the Indian Army.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||Year, 2003|
|Age (as of 2022)||19 Years|
|Siblings||Brother- Pankaj (elder)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pradeep Mehra
- Pradeep Mehra is a young Indian Army aspirant and an employee at McDonald’s who shot to overnight fame when filmmaker Vinod Kapri posted a video of Pradeep running back to his home from his workplace at night and refusing to take any sort of help or lift to continue his training for his selection in the Indian army.
- Pradeep lives with his elder brother Pankaj in village Barola, Noida. His parents live in his hometown, Almora, Uttarakhand. Reportedly, his mother is hospitalized, and his father takes care of her.
- In the video, Vinod offers the sweat-soaked lad, who is running back to his home at night, a lift in his car. Pradeep declines the offer and says that it is his routine to run back around 10 km from his workplace in sec-16 Noida to his home in Barola.
- Upon being asked the reason for running at night, Pradeep replied that he wakes up early and cooks breakfast before leaving for his work, which makes it difficult for him to spare time for practice.
- The sincere effort and hard work of Pradeep moved a lot of people on social media, which escalated the views of the video. Within 24 hours of being posted, the video went viral.
- Pradeep was appreciated by various actors, sportspersons, and other celebrities. Manish Sisodiya, the Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi also tweeted and appreciated the dedication and willpower shown by Pradeep.
- Retired General Satish Dua commented on the Josh that Pradeep showcased.
His Josh is commendable, and to help him pass the recruitment tests on his merit, I've interacted with Colonel of KUMAON Regiment, Lt Gen Rana Kalita, the Eastern Army Commander. He is doing the needful to train the boy for recruitment into his Regiment.
Jai Hind 🇮🇳 https://t.co/iasbkQvvII
— Lt Gen Satish Dua🇮🇳 (@TheSatishDua) March 21, 2022
- Film producer and photographer Atul Kasbekar also reached out to Vinod Kapri and asked for Pradeep’s address to send him a sports kit with running shoes, apparel, and a backpack from Puma.
- Upon being asked about his inspiration in an interview, Pradeep said that he had been listening to the stories of soldiers since childhood, which inspired him to become one.
- In an interview, Pradeep revealed that after his video got viral, his house flooded with people including his friends and media. He also disclosed that he received around 100-200 calls and messages to wish him luck.
- Later, his brother claimed that he was missing and that his phone was also switched off for hours. It was then revealed that the media crew of News18 Uttar Pradesh had picked him up from his house for an interview and took him to their studio. They made him wait for hours, which resulted in him missing his shift at work. During the interview, they asked Pradeep to run in their studio, which they played on repeat on their channel. People on social media called this a mockery of Pradeep’s dedication and hard work.