Age: 35 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Hometown: Manipal, Karnataka
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aravind KP
- Aravind KP is an Indian professional motorcycle racer who is best known for completing Dakar Rally 2019.
- Aravind KP was born and brought up in Udupi, Karnataka.
- Since childhood, he was interested in motorcycle racing and used to ride his father’s scooter. When he was studying in 12th standard, his parents promised to gift him a bike if he would score more than 80% marks in the board examination of class 12, and Aravind went on to score 84.7% marks, and thus, getting his first bike, a Yamaha RX-135.
- In 2005, at the age of 19, Aravind started professional motorcycle racing at the national level. In 2006, TVS Racing spotted him at Gulf Dirt Track National Championship, and since then, he has won more than 15 National Championships in Dirt track, Rallies, and Motocross.
- In 2009, he participated in MRF Supercross National Championship.
- In 2011, he became the first Indian to win an overseas Motocross Championship, which was held in Sri Lanka.
- In 2015, he won almost all off-road Indian races including Maruti Suzuki Dakshin Dare (2000 Kms), MRF Supercross (7 rounds), and Maruti Suzuki Raid De Himalaya (2500 Kms).
- In 2016, he participated in Oilibya Rally held in Morocco and was placed at 25th position.
- In 2016, he worked as a voice-over artist for the Kannada film “One Time.”
- In 2019, he became the second Indian to complete Dakar Rally held in Peru where he was placed at 39th position. C. S. Santosh is the first Indian to complete this rally, who was placed at 36th position in the rally in 2015.
- To get himself prepared for one of the toughest rallies, i.e., Dakar Rally, he followed a strict workout regimen including cycling, gymming, and swimming.
- In 2021, he contested the reality TV game show Bigg Boss Kannada Season 8, hosted by Sudeep on Colors Kannada.
View this post on Instagram