Archana Sharma (Rajasthan Doctor’s Suicide) Family, Biography & More
|Known For||Making headlines for committing suicide in March 2022 in Rajasthan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1980|
|Date of Death||30 March 2022|
|Place of Death||Dausa, Rajasthan|
|Age (at the time of death)||42 Years|
|Death Cause||Suicide Hindustan Times|
|School||Sacred Heart School, Ranchi|
|College/University||Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• MBBS Anand Hospital
• MD (obstetrics and gynecology) Anand Hospital
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Marriage Date||1 March 2010|
|Husband/Spouse||Dr. Suneet Upadhyaya (doctor)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Archana Sharma
- Archana Sharma was an Indian doctor who is known for making headlines for committing suicide in March 2022 in Rajasthan.
- She worked as an obstetrics and gynaecology specialist at Anand Hospital, Lalsot.
- Archana had won many awards for cultural and stage activities during her school and college days.
- She was once awarded the best orator at the national conference of obstetrics and gynaecology. During her career, she had saved more than 500 lives through safe deliveries.
- Before she joined Anand Hospital with her husband, she was an associate professor and unit head in a govt. medical college in Gujarat. In college, she was the most famous surgeon and had operated on many VIPs.
- On 30 March 2022, Archana committed suicide after an FIR was filed against her in which she was accused of murder. She was accused of the murder of a twenty-two-year-old woman, Asha Bairwa, who was pregnant and came to the hospital to get the delivery done by Archana. Archana did her surgery and delivered the baby but after some time, Asha died due to PPH (postpartum haemorrhage).
- Asha’s family took the dead body home, but after some hours, a Bharatiya Janata Party leader influenced the family of the patient and asked them to file a case against Archana. The family brought the dead body back to the hospital, created a spectacle, and also called the police. The police charged Archana under Section 302 because of which she got so disturbed that she committed suicide. She left a suicide note in which she wrote ‘Don’t harass innocent doctors.’ She also added,
I love my husband and children a lot. Please do not harass them after my death. I did not commit any mistake, did not kill anyone. PPH is a known complication. Stop harassing doctors so much for this. My death may prove my innocence. DON’T HARASS INNOCENT DOCTORS. Please. Love you. Don’t let my kids feel the absence of their mother.”
- Her husband, Dr Suneet Upadhyaya, made a video narrating the whole incident and posted it on social media. In the video he said,
There should be action against the police. How did they file a case of Section 302 (murder) against her? There should be a law to stop harassing doctors and demanding money from them. My wife has died but what about other innocent doctors?”
- The Chief Minister of Rajasthan Ashok Gehlot gave orders to remove the SP of the Dausa district, Anil Kumar, and suspend the SHO (station house officer). He also tweeted about the case and said,
The suicide incident of Dr Archana Sharma is deeply saddening. We consider doctors as gods. To save the life of patients, every doctor tries their best, but in case of any mishappening, it is not justified to blame the doctors.”
- The Indian Medical Association (IMA) carried out rallies and demanded justice for Archana.
- She was often featured in various newspapers.
|↑2, ↑3||Anand Hospital|