|Full Name||Divya Om Prakash Bharti
Sana Nadiadwala (After Marriage)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-36|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Black (Dyed Brown)|
|Date of Birth||25 February 1974|
|Date of Death||5 April 1993|
|Death Cause||Not Yet Confirmed
As per first theory- She committed Suicide
As per second theory- She Got Murdered by someone from Underworld
As per third Theory- Accidental Death
|Age (at the time of Death)||19 Years|
|Birth Place||Bombay (Now Mumbai), Maharashtra, India|
|Place of Death||Versova, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Bombay (Now Mumbai), Maharashtra, India|
|School||Maneckji Cooper High School, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification||9th Standard|
|Debut|| Telugu Film:- Bobbili Raja(1990)
Bollywood- Vishwatma (1992)
|Family||Father- Om Prakash Bharti
Mother- Meeta Bharti
Brother- Kunal Bharti
Sisters- Poonam Bharti (Step-sister)
Kainaat Arora (Cousin Sister)
|Religion||Hinduism (Born); Islam (After Marriage)|
|Hobbies||Swimming, dancing & Playing Lawn Tennis|
|Controversy||For every now and then, she was enraptured by the news headlines as she had a habit of taking Drugs at the very early age of 16. One of the theories of her death also mentions this reason behind her mysterious demise.|
|Favourite Food(s)||Maharashtrian Cuisines, South Indian Cuisines, Italian|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Rishi Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Manoj Kumar, Jeetendra, Kamal Haasan|
|Favourite Actresses||Rekha, Sridevi, Sharmila Tagore, Hema Malini|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Alka Yagnik, Asha Bhosle|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||10 May 1992|
|Salary (as an actress)||25 lacs/film (INR)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Divya Bharti
- Did Divya Bharti drink alcohol?: Yes
- At the age of 14, she started her career as a model, but after many unsuccessful projects, she made her way to Tollywood and did her first debut film, Bobbili Raja (1990) with Daggubati Venkatesh.
- She was a famous face of Telugu Cinema and achieved a label of a superstar at a very young age of 15.
- She did her Bollywood debut with the film Vishwatma (1992). However, the film proved to be an average grosser, but she remained in the limelight for her song, “Saat Samundar Paar”, which became a favorite track for all music lovers.
- Earlier, she was signed by director Nandu Tolani for his film, ‘Gunaho Ka Devta’ (1988), but later her role got cancelled and she got replaced by Sangeeta Bijlani.
- In another incidence, she was replaced by Juhi Chawla from Kirti Kumar’s film ‘Radha Ka Sangam'(1992). It was surmised that she got replaced because of her bubbly and childish behavior.
- She was among the top paid actress of her time and made an unbroken record of signing more than 12 films as a newcomer.
- She was very religious by nature and use to visit temples on a daily basis.
- She acted in over 14 movies, some of his famous Bollywood movies are Shola Aur Shabnam, Dil Aashna Hai, Deewana, and many more.
- In one of her interviews, she mentioned that ” Because I did not want to study, I took the decision of becoming an actress”.
- At the time of her death, she had various projects (Both in Bollywood & Tollywood) in her account, which were partially completed. The pending Bollywood projects were- Laadla, Andolan, Mohra, Vijaypath, and the pending Tollywood projects included Tholi Muddhu, which were later on completed by other actresses.
- For his performance in the film Deewana, she was honored with Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year, and she was one of the few actresses, who won Filmfare awards at a very early stage.
- She had also performed in various concerts in India and Abroad. Here are few glimpses of her concert in Dubai.
- On 5 April 1993, while talking to her dress designer Neeta Lulla and her husband Dr. Shyam, she went to her kitchen and sat on its window, which faces towards the balcony. Accidentally, she got disbalanced and fell off from the window of her fifth-floor Apartment in Versova, Mumbai. She was immediately taken to the hospital but doctors could not revive her and stated her dead.
- The mystery behind her death is yet to be unveiled. However, few say that she has committed suicide, but her parents said that her death was purely accidental as she was not a kind of girl who could commit suicide.
- Here is the video of her funeral, it can be seen how her death had shaken everyone from all over the world.