Education: M.Tech, C.M Science College, Darbhanga
Hometown: Darbhanga, Bihar
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• President’s Police Medal for Gallantry (05/04/00)
• President’s Medal for Meritorious Service (26/01/03)
• President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service (15/08/09)
• Police Antrik Suraksha Seva Padak (15/02/17)
|Date of Birth||14th June 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||59 Years|
|College/University||C.M Science College, Darbhanga|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Father- KRISHNA KUMAR THAKUR
Mother- Name Not Known
|Salary (approx.)||2,05,400 INR (as per level 16 pay scale)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arun Kumar
- Arun Kumar was is a 1985-batch IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre. He is currently posted as Director-General of Railway Protection Force (RPF) in New Delhi and will remain posted for a period up to his retirement on 30th June 2021, or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- He got senior scale in 1989, and selection grade in 1998. Thereafter, he was elevated to DIG rank in 2001, to IG rank in 2006, to UP ADG in 2012, and ultimately to the highest-ranked police post, Director-General of Police (DG) of Uttar Pradesh, in 2016.
- Supercop Arun Kumar encouraged policemen to always behave properly towards the public, he, maintained visitor’s registers in police stations and police offices. There used to be a column in the register for comments on how were they treated by the police. Strict action was taken against the concerned policeman if any visitor’s complaint proved to be true.
- Serving as DIG CBI was head of the team that investigated into the controversial 2004 Telgi Fake Stamp Scam case of 32000 crores.
- During his tenure as the DIG CBI, he investigated the 2006 Nithari Killings case, and then the 2008 Aarushi Talwar Murder Case.
- As the ADG Uttar Pradesh, he managed the security and constrained the 2013 Muzaffarnagar Hindu-Muslim riots. He was also the first officer to investigate the riots.
- In 2005, Indian film director Kabir Kaushik released a thriller movie “Sehar,” inspired by the real-life incidents of IPS Arun Kumar, while he was posted as SSP Lucknow. Bollywood actor Arshad Warsi played the lead role of Arun Kumar in the movie.
- Another Bollywood film “Talvar” released in 2005, starring Irrfan Khan who played & portrayed the role of then CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar’s role in the investigation of 2008 Noida Double Murder Case.