Husband: Sudhir Reddy
Age: 35 Years
|Full Name||Rohini Sindhuri Dasari|
|Service||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|Major Designation(s)||2011: Assistant Commissioner in Tumkur, Karnataka
2012: Commissioner of the urban development department of Tumkur
2013: Director of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj Department, Self Employment Project (SEP), Bangalore
2014: Chief Executive Officer, Zilla Panchayat, Mandya, Government of Karnataka
2015: Managing Director of Karnataka Food & Civil Supplies Corporation Limited (KFCSC)
2017: Deputy Commissioner, Hassan, Karnataka
|Date of Birth||30 May 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||A place in Andhra Pradesh, (now, Telangana) India|
|College/University||University of Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Educational Qualification||B.Tech in Chemical Engineering|
|Caste||Dasari IAS Passion|
|Hobbies||Listening to music|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Sudhir Reddy (Software Engineer)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Lakshmi Reddy
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rohini Sindhuri
- In 2014, Rohini was posted as the CEO of Mandya Zilla Panchayat. She had launched a drive to provide individual toilets to 1.02 lakh households during 2014–15. Due to her action for cleanliness, she came into limelight. Around 1 Lakh toilets were made in Mandya and it became No. 1 District in the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in the state and 3rd in India.
- She successfully utilised the central government’s Rs. 65 crores fund for drinking water. More than 100 drinking water units were instituted across the city. After being pleased with Rohini’s work, the central government gave Rs. 6 crores extra for the same purpose.
- She also called upon farmers to adopt sustainable farming. Apart from it, she also took the matter of female foeticide in the city seriously. To combat the problems of female foeticide, she ran a program to educate parents against the practice.
- As the CEO of Mandya Zilla Panchayat, she also launched an app for downloading property documents without running around offices.
- Due to her performance in Swacch Bharat Abhiyan (SBA) in Mandya District, the Union Government selected her as one of the three resource persons to train District Collectors in New Delhi in 2015.
- Her batchmate, IAS D. K. Ravi fell in love and proposed her for marriage but she refused as she was already married. After getting fallen apart, he committed suicide on 16 March 2015.
- In 2017, when Rohini was posted as a District Collector Hassan District, the District was at the 31st place in the SSLC (Secondary School Leaving Certificate) results. After two years in 2019, the District stood first. This all happened due to Rohini’s importance to reform the education system.
- Rohini also took on the Sand mafia, which was very prevalent in Hassan. She conducted raids and took strict actions against culprits.
- In 2018, she was transferred from Hassan District just after seven months service as a Hassan DC. The transfer was due to the pressure from the local politicians. However, she approached the High Court against the transfer. Later, the Cheif Minister, H D Kumaraswamy re-appointed her as the Hassan DC.
- On 1 January 2019, Rohini launched Spandana Online Portal, an online grievance redressal system. With the help of this system, anyone can submit their grievances online easily due to which it becomes easy to assess the problems on priority and the administration can take necessary measures.
- She is fluent in several languages, including Kannada, Telugu, Hindi and English.
- Rohini received 55.78% marks in her UPSC exam.