Arvind Trivedi Age, Death, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Famous Role||'Ravan' in Ramanand Sagar's television series 'Ramayan'
|Debut||Hindi Film: Paraya Dhan (1971)
Gujarati Film: Jesal Toral (1971)
TV: Ramayan (1987); as Ravan
|Awards||For his acting in Gujarati films, he has been awarded seven times for Best Actor by the Government of Gujarat.|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Date of Birth||8 November 1938 (Tuesday)|
|Age (at the time of death)||82 Years|
|Birthplace||Ujjain, British India (now in Madhya Pradesh, India) Dainik Bhaskar|
|Date of Death||5 October 2021|
|Place of Death||Mumbai|
|Death Cause||Cardiac Arrest followed by Multiple Organs Failure The Times of India|
|Hometown||Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||4 June 1966 (Saturday)|
|Wife/Spouse||Nalini Arvind Trivedi|
|Children||He has three daughters.|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (a mill worker)
Mother- Name Not Known
• Upendra Trivedi, a prolific Gujarati Actor (elder; died on 4 January 2015)
• Bhalchandra (educationist)
Sister- 1 (Name Not Known)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arvind Trivedi
- Arvind Trivedi was an Indian actor who was best known for portraying Ravan in Ramanand Sagar‘s epic television series Ramayan, a serial that used to create a curfew-like situation in India when it started playing on Doordarshan between 9 am and 10 am every day; as most of the people remained to stick to their television sets.
- Trivedi’s family hails from Kukadia Village near Idar, Gujarat. After his family moved to Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh, his father, who was a mill worker, suffered a paralysis attack. Desh Gujarat
- In his acting career, Trivedi acted in more than 250 films, Including Gujarati and Hindi films. Most of his films are related to religion and social issues.
- Although he had done many Gujarati films and a few Hindi films before Ramayan, he was rocketed to fame after portraying Ravan in Ramayan.
- It was the fame of Ravan’s character that earned him a Lok Sabha seat from the Sabarkantha Constituency in Gujarat on a BJP ticket. He served as the Member of Parliament from 1991 to 1996.
- Interestingly, his elder brother, Upendra Trivedi was also a Member of Parliament who won elections in 1985 and 1990 but on a Congress ticket.
- He earned similar appreciation for his portrayal of Ravan in Ramayan just like the other characters in the serial, such as Ram by Arun Govil, Sita by Deepika Chikhalia, and Laxman by Sunil Lahri.
- Apart from Ramayan, he also worked in some other popular television serials, such as Vikram Aur Betal (1988) in which he played the role of “Yogi” and Brahmrishi Vishwamitra (1991) in which he played the role of “Trishanku.”
- Before making a career in films and television, he had started his acting career with theatres. At the start of his acting career, he did many Gujarati plays and theatres.
- It was his elder brother, Upendra Trivedi (a prolific Gujarati actor) who had inspired Arvind to make a career in acting. Upendra Trivedi is well known as “Abhinay Samrat” for his excellent performance in the Gujarati play “Abhinay Samrat.”
- In an interview, he said that he had gone for the audition of the role of Kevat (boatman) but was eventually chosen for the role of Ravan in Ramanand Sagar‘s Ramayan. While recollecting the memories of his audition for Ramayan, he said,
I had gone to give the audition for Kevat’s role. I was the last one to be called for the audition when Ramanand Sagar handed over to me a script. After reading the script, I had barely walked a few steps that Ramanand Sagar exclaimed: I have found my Lankesh.” Amar Ujala
- Although Ravan is considered a negative character, Arvind said that he has never been tamed or heckled for portraying Ravan. He says,
Whenever I attend any program or event, I see how much people love Ravan. They have a sacred respect for the character. Ravan is, in fact, considered a supreme intellectual who was a person of ethics and principles.”
- Interestingly, except the character role of Ravan, he played mostly positive roles in his every film and television serial. Dainik Bhaskar
- The character of Ravan was so much attached to Arvind that he was mostly recognised as Lankesh in his locality. While talking about it in an interview, he said,
After Ramayan, I was no more Arvind Trivedi, rather I had become Lankesh for the people. Even my children were called Ravan’s children and my wife was recognised as Mandodari (Ravan’s wife). The day Ravan was killed, people mourned in my locality.” Amar Ujala
- In 2002, Trivedi was appointed the acting chairman of the Central Board for Film Certification (CBFC); after Vijay Anand had put his papers over the issue of the legalization of soft pornography, which was recommended by Mr. Anand but rejected by the then Union Government.
- After a successful inning in films and television serials, he started doing social work and was associated with several organizations related to social work.
- Among all the Ramayan cast, it’s Sunil Lahri, who played the role of Laxman, who was close to Arvind.
- In March 2020, when Ramanand Sagar‘s Ramayan again hit the small screen, nearly after 32 years of its original broadcast on Doordarshan in the ’80s, Arvind Trivedi got immense joy all over again; letting him re-live sheer nostalgia. The epic serial was re-launched on Doordarshan in March 2020 in the wake of the nationwide lockdown due to the Corona pandemic.
|↑1, ↑5||Dainik Bhaskar|
|↑2||The Times of India|