|Profession(s)||Actor and Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 18 Inches
|Date of Birth||14 August 1982|
|Age (as of 2022)||41 Years|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jammu|
|College||Jammu University, Jammu|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Debut||Film Debut : Don Muthu Swami (2008)
TV Debut : Antariksh - Ek Amar Katha (2004)
|Family||Father- Late P.L. Raina
Mother- Sushma Kumara
Sister- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
|Hobbies||Meditation, Playing Snooker, Reading, Gymming|
|Food||Rajma-chawal, gajar ka halwa, Kashmiri pulao and samosa|
|Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Denzel Washington, Sylvester Stallone and Shah Rukh Khan|
|Actress||Madhuri Dixit and Alia Bhatt|
|Film||Sholay, Taare Zameen Par, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge and Ferrari Ki Sawari|
|Book||The Success Principles by Jack Canfield|
|Destination||Greece and Switzerland|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||On 1 January 2022, Raina shared the photos of his secret wedding with his longtime girlfriend Aditi. Hindustan Times
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Mouni Roy (Actress)
|Children||On 17 March 2023, Mohit and his wife, Aditi, welcomed their first child, a baby girl. Hindustan Times|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 1 lakh/day|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mohit Raina
- Does Mohit Raina smoke?: No
- Does Mohit Raina drink alcohol?: No
- Mohit weighed around 107 kg in his younger days and lost 29 kg for modelling.
- According to Mohit, he spent his childhood in Kashmir, and by the time he turned 9 years old, he left Kashmir along with his family amid the tensions in the region. The Indian Express
- In an interview, Mohit Raina talked about his childhood in Kashmir during a period of conflict. He remembered a moment when he saw his school on fire. He further shared an incident that he experienced as an 8-year-old; Mohit revealed that he was once standing on a street with one of his parents, while his sibling was on the other side of the street, and in the middle, there was gunfire. The Indian Express Mohit Raina, in the interview, said,
I remember everything- like watching my school burn. These are very personal things, I don’t think people can understand these things. Like, going to the school in the morning being unaware of how will you come back, witnessing firing. When you are an 8-year-old kid, standing in a street with one of your parents and your sibling on the opposite end and there is firing going on in the middle… You understand that you have seen a lot in life.”
- According to Mohit, he had a strong fondness for the uniforms worn by army officers as a kid. He admired them and thought of the Army as something very heroic. While talking about this, in an interview, he opened up about how he felt a special connection with the army, and because of this, he had seized any chance he got to play the role of an army officer in television serials or films. Mohit Raina said,
I saw the Army since my childhood–army men were always around–so I used to think very heroic of the uniform and of the Army. Because of that, my connection with the uniform is a lot, which is why I have played these parts a lot. So I never let go of that opportunity, whether big or small.”
- He was among the top 5 contestants in the Grasim Mister India 2005.
- He became a popular face by playing the role of Lord Shiva in Like OK’s serial Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev.
- He used to take around 75 minutes to get ready for Lord Shiva’s getup in Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev.
- After Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev, he played another popular role of King Ashoka in Colors TV’s serial Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat.
- In real life also he is a devotee of Lord Shiva.
- He is a Kashmiri Pandit.
- Once Priyanka Chopra’s family showed their liking at Mohit to be her husband.
- In 2018, he won the ITA Award for the Best Actor (Male) Jury.
- Here’s an interesting video about Mohit Raina’s biography: