|Birth name||Nyla Pasha Times of India|
|Famous For||Being the first transman bodybuilder of India|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||5 December 1991 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||29 Years|
|School||St. Andrews Scots Senior Secondary School, Delhi|
|College/University||Rizwi Law College, Affiliated to Bar Council of India and University of Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Law Times of India|
|Tattoo(s)||• 'LA' inked on the right side of his chest
• 'All I am I owe to my Mom' tattooed on his right arm
• Two tattoos on the inside and outside of his left forearm
|Relationships & More|
|Sexual Orientation||Trans man Scroll|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Laxmi Narayan Tripathi (since 2018)
|Wife/Spouse||Laxmi Narayan Tripathi|
|Parents||Father- Javed Akhtar Pasha (Former Geologist and Director of Pasha Properties Pvt. Ltd.)
Mother- Payal Pasha
Sister(s)- Vidhi Pasha, Ayeman Pasha, Ayesha Pasha
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aryan Pasha
- Aryan Pasha is an Indian lawyer and bodybuilder. He is famous for being the first transman bodybuilder of India.
- Reportedly, his family lineage runs to Turkey.
- He was a born a girl, but he used to dress up in a boy’s clothing, and even transferred schools, just because he hated wearing a girl’s uniform.
- In his childhood, he was always dressed up as a boy, which led many people into believing that he was a boy.
- According to Aryan, in his childhood, he was very lonely, depressed and was a child with suicidal tendencies.
- Aryan’s mother always had his back in his decision to become a man. In fact, she was the first person to realise that Aryan had gender issues. His mother talked to his father about this, but he shook her off by saying that it was just a phase. At last, she was able to convince his father of his issues. Aryan’s mother also talked to him about gender reassignment surgery when he was 16.
- Throughout his childhood, he was always sporty and played several sports in school. He was also a national-level skating champion.
- In his school days, he was also a part of his school’s boy’s basketball team but had to hide his identity earlier; No one except his coach had knowledge of his gender.
- When he was 19 years old, he went through gender reassignment surgery in a hospital in NCR. Talking about his transition, he said,
After the transition, I became so comfortable in my body and it started showing in everything I did. I had always been an average student but after the transition, I topped my school in class 12He then got himself identified as ‘male’ in all his documents and got a new name: Aryan”
- He wanted to pursue his graduation in sociology from Delhi University but was denied admission, so, he pursued his graduation from the University of Mumbai in Law.
- After his graduation, he started practising law and began working for Multiple Action Research Group (MARG), an NGO where he used to give legal training to other social activists.
- He is also an advocate for inclusivity and equality. He has constantly urged the government to support for all-inclusive sports tournaments, which are only a few in India and internationally.
- In 2014, he began weight training to build up his lean frame. However, slowly, it became his hobby and then became his passion.
- In 2017, he decided to participate in Musclemania India, a bodybuilding event and began preparing to contest in men’s category (as there was no separate category for transgenders). It was a natural bodybuilding competition, so participants were prohibited to take any hormone supplements including testosterone. After talking to organizers about how he required regular testosterone doses as a part of his post-surgery hormone replacement therapy, they decided that he needed to skip only last dosage before the contest. The contest took place in 2018, and he became India’s first transman to compete in a bodybuilding event and was placed second.
- Initially, he wanted to participate in Trans FitCon, an all-trans bodybuilding competition in America’s Atlanta. However, he was unable to do so because of visa issues. So he began preparing for Musclemania India.
- He has also participated in other bodybuilding competitions such as International bodybuilding and fitness federation (IBFF) 2019, International Health, Sports & Fitness Festival (IHFF) 2019, and IFBB Pro League 2020.
- In 2019, he appeared in the Sports Nutrition Brand MuscleBlaze’s video ‘Naam Hai Ziddi’ (Part 2), based on sports athletes.
- In September 2020, the central government constituted the National Council for Transgender Persons, under Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019. The council was composed of five community members and five experts from NGO’s (with a tenure of 3 years). He was one of the five experts in the council.
- He loves dogs and owns a pet dog.