Caste: Scheduled Caste
Hometown: Khagaria, Bihar
Marital Status: Married
|Famous For||Being the daughter of Ram Vilas Paswan (Politician)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Political Party||Rashtriya Janata Dal
|Political Journey||• Asha Paswan was associated with Lok Janshakti Party firstly. But, later she joined Rashtriya Janata Dal.
• She has announced that she would contest the next Lok Sabha Polls. She said "I am going to contest against Ram Vilas Paswan in 2019 Lok Sabha Polls from his Hajipur parliamentary constituency, if I get an RJD ticket."
|Hometown||Khagaria, Bihar, India|
|School||Did Not Attend|
|College/University||Did Not Attend|
|Caste||Scheduled Cast (SC)|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Anil Kumar (better known as Sadhu Paswan) (Politician)
|Children||Son(s)- Ashish Paswan, Aman Paswan
Daughter(s)- Tanya Paswan, Anu Paswan
|Parents||Father- Ram Vilas Paswan (Politician)
Mother- Rajkumari Devi (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- Chirag Paswan (stepbrother) (actor-turned-politician )
Sister(s)- Usha Paswan (biological sister), Nisha Paswan (stepsister)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Asha Paswan
- Asha Paswan was born in a family which was earlier classified as Dalits.
- Her father, Ram Vilas Paswan, is a well-known Politician from Bihar, who is associated with the Lok Janashakti Party.
- Her husband, Sadhu Paswan, contested elections two times for MLA (Member of Legislative Assembly) on an LJP ( Lok Janshakti Party) ticket. Later, after not getting a ticket for the Bihar Assembly Polls from LJP, he turned against the party (LJP) and joined the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD).
- In an interview, she told that her relationship with her father wasn’t good since her childhood. She also stated that
“He always discriminated against daughters. I and my elder sister have always got a raw deal from his side. I was neglected, while Chirag was made the LJP parliamentary party leader.”