|Real Name||Ram Vilas Paswan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg|
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Political Party||Lok Janashakti Party|
|Political Journey||• In 1969, Paswan was elected to the Bihar state legislative assembly as a member of the Samyukta Socialist Party ("United Socialist Party") from a reserved constituency.|
• During the time of Emergency in 1975, he was in opposition of Indira Gandhi and was sent to jail and spent 2 years there. On being released in 1977, he became a member of the Janata Party and was elected to Parliament for the first time on its ticket. At that time, he set the World Record of winning the election with the highest margin by 4,24,545 votes.
• Paswan was re-elected to the 7th and 8th Lok Sabha in 1980 and 1984 respectively from Hajipur constituency.
• In 1989, he was re-elected to the 9th Lok Sabha and was appointed Union Minister of Labour and Welfare in the Vishwanath Pratap Singh government.
• In 1996, for the first time, he was appointed the Union Railway Minister.
• From 1999 to 2001, under Atal Bihari Vajpayee government, he was the Union Communications Minister.
• In 2000, Paswan parted with the Janata Dal and formed the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP).
• In 2004, he joined the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) and was made the Union Minister in Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers and Ministry of Steel.
• In 15th Lok Sabha Elections, he lost and his party could not obtain even single seat.
• Prior to the 2014 general elections, he joined National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and won his seat from Hajipur constituency. Under Modi government, he was made the Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
|Biggest Rival||Sanjeev Prasad Toni (INC)|
|Date of Birth||5 July 1946|
|Age (as in 2018)|| 72 Years|
|Birthplace||Khagaria, Bihar Province, British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|College/University||Koshi College, Patna University, Bihar|
|Educational Qualification||Post-graduation in Law|
|Debut||1969 (Samyukta Socialist Party)|
|Caste||Scheduled Cast (SC)|
|Address||Resident of Matriji Tola, Vill/PO-Saharbanni, PS/Teh-Aloli, Dist-Khagaria, Bihar|
|Hobbies||Reading and Writing Poems, Listening to Music|
|Controversy||When he was telecom minister from 1999 to 2001 under Vajpayee government, he was revealed to be involved in a Rs 1,300 crore scam in giving out licenses to GSM and CDMA players.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Rajkumari Devi (Divorced in 1981)|
Reena Sharma (1983-present)
|Children||Son- Chirag Paswan (From Second Wife) (Actor turned Politician)|
Daughters- Usha and Asha Paswan (From First Wife) and Nisha Paswan (From Second Wife)
|Parents||Father- Jamun Paswan|
Mother- Siya Devi
|Siblings||Brother- Ram Chandra Paswan|
|Favourite Politicians||Raj Narain and Jayaprakash Narayan|
700 gram gold worth ₹21,00,000
Agricultural land worth ₹15,00,000
Non Agricultural Land worth ₹13,00,000
|Salary (approx.)||₹1,00,000 per month + other allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹1 Crore|