|Full name||Avinash Vijay Sachdev Instagram - Avinash Sachdev|
|Famous role||Dev Purohit in TV show 'Chotti Bahu' (2008) on Zee TV
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 18 Inches
|Debut||TV (assistant director): Hatim (2004) on StarPlus
TV (actor): Karam Apnaa Apnaa (2006) on StarPlus as Sumit Malhotra
|Awards||• Won the Fresh New Face (Male) award at the Indian Telly Awards the TV show ‘Chotti Bahu’ in 2009
• Nominated for Best New Actor in Lead Role (Male) Award at the Indian Telly Awards for the TV show ‘Chotti Bahu’ in 2009
|Date of Birth||22 August 1986 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||37 Years|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Rubina Dilaik (ex-girlfriend, actress)
• Shalmalee Desai (ex-wife, actress)
• Palak Purswani (ex-girlfriend, actress)
Note: In January 2022, both Palak and Avinash announced that they had ended their 4-relationship a few months ago; the couple had a roka ceremony in January 2021. The Times of India
|Marriage Date||12 June 2015|
|Wife/Spouse||Shalmalee Desai (Actress) (m. 2015; div. 2017)
|Parents||Names not known
|Siblings||He is the only child of his parents.|
|Restaurant||Masala Mantar, Mumbai|
|Desserts||Gulab Jamun, Ice-Cream, Brownie|
|Drink (non-alcoholic)||Pomegranate juice|
- Avinash Sachdev is an Indian model and actor who is well-known for his appearances in Hindi television series. He gained popularity by playing the role of Dev Purohit in the TV show ‘Chotti Bahu’ (2008), on Zee TV. In 2023, he took part in the reality digital series Bigg Boss OTT 2, where he competed as a contestant. The show was streamed on the OTT platform Jio Cinema.
- He was born in Mumbai and grew up in Vadodara, Gujarat, where he received his education. However, after completing his studies, he returned to Mumbai to pursue a career in the showbiz industry.
- As a child, he aspired to become a director.
- Between 2004 and 2005, he received several pageant titles including Mr Baroda, Mr University, and Mr Gujarat. He later also took part in the Gladrags Model Hunt.
- After making his debut in the television industry as an assistant director with the TV show ‘Hatim’ (2004), Avinash assisted Farhan Akhtar in the ‘Rock On!!’ (2008).
- After debuting as an actor in the TV show ‘Karam Apnaa Apnaa’ (2006), on StarPlus, he played the negative role of Salman in the TV series ‘Khwaish’ (2007) on Sony TV.
- In 2008, he appeared in the StarPlus TV show ‘Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil’ in which played the double negative role of Manmeet and Prashant.
- His performance as Dev Purohit in the TV series ‘Chotti Bahu’ (2008) received immense appreciation from the audience.
- In 2012, he played the role of Shlok Agnihotri in the TV show ‘Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Ek Baar Phir.’ In an interview, he revealed that initially, the audience didn’t accept him as a replacement for Barun Sobti, who played the lead role in the first season of the show. However, after some time, the audience gradually began accepting him in the role and also appreciated his performance. While talking about this in the interview, he said,
I took a lot of flak for coming in place of Barun Sobti; was abused openly on Twitter when fans started asking me how I could dare to replace Barun? But back then I did not respond and neither will I do so now. I sincerely believe that my work is the best reply. Now the same audience is saying they are glad that I am playing Shlok Agnihotri.”
- He participated in the sport-reality entertainment show ‘Box Cricket League (BCL)’ as a player in Kolkata Baabu Moshayes in 2015 and Jaipur Raj Joshiley in 2016.
- In 2016, he created a YouTube channel named ‘MONKTALES by Avinash Sachdev,’ where he shared travelling vlogs.
- In 2019, he and Palak Purswani partnered up and took part in the dance reality show ‘Nach Baliye 9,’ which aired on StarPlus.
- He has appeared in several television shows such as ‘Qubool Hai’ (2015) on Zee TV, ‘Balika Vadhu’ (2016) on Colors TV, ‘Ayushman Bhava’ (2017) on Star Bharat, and ‘Main Bhi Ardhangini’ (2019) on & TV.
- Apart from TV shows, he has also appeared in a few web series. In 2021, he played the role of Vivek in the web series ‘Suraj Aur Saanjh.’
- Besides acting, Avinash also tried his hand at dubbing. He dubbed his voice for Dhanush’s role in the Hindi dubbed version of the film ‘Vaathi’ (2023).
- He has been featured in numerous commercial advertisements of popular brands such as TVS Scooty alongside actress Preity Zinta, Cadbury Dairy Milk, GRT Jewellers, eBay, etc.
- In an interview, he revealed the financial challenges he encountered amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. He revealed that during the pandemic he had signed contracts for two films which did not materialize. He later made the decision to open a restaurant after facing numerous obstacles in finding work in the film and television industry. However, the restaurant did not succeed, and he had to close it down within a year and a half. While talking about it in the interview, he said,
I took a hit financially. I had to sell my car, my house and all my savings were gone. Mentally, I wasn’t able to handle the situation. I was also having anxiety attacks.”
- After his breakup with Rubina Dilaik in 2013, there were rumours that Avinash cheated on her with some other actress. However, the actor talked about this in the dance reality show ‘Nach Baliye 9’ and cited the ‘possessiveness’ to be the reason for their separation. While talking about this in the show, he said,
Rubina and I were very insecure about everything in life. We never used to give space to each other.”
- In an interview, his ex-girlfriend Palak Purswani talked about her breakup with Avinash Sachdev and revealed that their separation was primarily due to a lack of understanding in their personal lives. She said,
In my professional life, he was very understanding. We both would uplift each other, we would understand everything about each other. But on a personal level, as a girl and a partner, some things are not acceptable for me.” India Today