|Profession(s)||Model and Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|YouTube- Zee TV Height||in centimeters- 191 cm
in meters- 1.91 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 95 kg
in pounds- 209 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 18 Inches
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Debut||TV (Child Actor): Mahabharat (1989) as young Balram
TV (Reality Show; Contestant): Fear Factor India (2006)
Film (Hindi): Asambhav (2004) as Gazi
Film (Telugu): Don (2007) as Anthony
Film (Tamil): Anjaan (2014) as Manoj
Film (Malayalam): Big Brother (2020) as Vinayaraj
|Awards||• 2007: Indian Telly Award for Best Ensemble Cast (along with other actors) for the TV serial ‘Virrudh: Har Rishta Ek Kurukshetra’
• 2008: Boroplus Gold Award for Best Villain (Male) for the TV serial ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii’ (2000)
|Date of Birth||15 June 1972 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||50 Years|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science & Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.Com from Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science & Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai (1990-1995)
• A course in computer graphics YouTube- Zee TV
• Online course in a computer programming language 'Python'Daiji World
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Telly Chakkar|
|Address||Apartment in Tree-Lined Bylane of Bandra, Mumbai|
|Controversy||Fight with Ekta Kapoor
He was rehired to play the role of Haider Khan in the Hindi TV serial ‘Jodha Akbar’ (2013-2015). The makers promised him 20 days shoot in a month, but according to the story of the serial, his role in ‘Jodha Akbar’ started reducing. Later, Chetan had a fight with the producer of the show Ekta Kapoor for making fake promises and quit the show. ABP News In an interview, while talking about quitting the show, Chetan said,
"My character was going nowhere. Shalu the Associate Creative Head was the reason I continued with the show post leap. But it was all empty promises leading to nothing. Each day became humiliating to shoot, thus I quit. I am a senior actor and one should respect my integrity. Shalu has no idea how to carve a character.”
Later, he tweeted,
"I Quit the show people was very unhappy with how my Role Panned out …RIP Adham/Haider Khan Time to quit. I quit my show 2 days ago , so unhappy with the way i was lied to about my role .. this is so disgusting.”
In 2022, while he was a contestant in the online TV series ‘Lock Upp,’ he talked about the incident. He said,
"I have realized that it was my mistake and I shouldn’t have got angry at that time. Anger is my weakness and I still feel bad about it. I regret my fight with Ekta. But life teaches you with every experience. When they called me for Chandra Nandni, I was happy that they still care for me. Nobody wants to live in the past so let bygones be bygones and move on. It was a home calling for me. I am having superb time shooting with the cast of Chandra Nandni. We shoot round the clock and giving our best to the ability.”
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Lavinia (air hostess and athlete)|
|Marriage Date||12 December 2004
|Children||Son- Ethan Hansraj (image in wife's section)
|Parents||Father- Kumar Hansraj (businessman)
Mother- Shakuntla Hansraj (doctor)
|Siblings||Brother- Nausheel Hansraj
|Other Relative||Cousin- Jugal Hansraj (actor)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chetan Hansraj
- Chetan Hansraj is an Indian actor and model, who is popular for his negative roles in various Hindi TV serials.
- He was born and brought up in Mumbai.
- At the age of 5, he started working as a child model. During an interview, he shared how he developed an interest in modelling. He said,
I saw my cousin Jugal Hansraj’s photograph in a magazine and told my mother that I wanted to follow suit. So, we got some photographs clicked and she sent them out, it was all her hard work. I did 250 print media ads, 50 TV commercials and seven-eight movies, too. Then I did ‘Mahabharat’ after which I took a break. A few years later, I got into modelling and eventually returned to acting.”
- He then appeared as a child model in more than 200 TV commercials such as Nycil, Tata Safari, Thumbs Up, Cinthol, Lakme, and Maruti Wagon R.
- He was inclined towards sports since his school and college days. He was a state-level water polo champion and won various medals in the sport.
- In 1988, he portrayed the role of young Balram in the epic Hindi TV series Mahabharat.’ During an interview, while remembering those days, he said,
I was 14-years-old when I played Balram in Mahabharat, and it was completely magical. All of us used to get lots of feedback and messages from fans via letters. I was in school and every day I used to receive gunny bags full of letters. Back then, there was a photograph-autograph system with fan mails. So, fans would mail me an empty envelope with a return stamp attached and had to sign the picture and send it back with the letter. It was my daily routine. Before going to school, I would sign my pictures and put them in envelopes. Every morning my father would give me a stack of envelopes with pictures to sign.”
- He participated in Gladrags Manhunt and Megamodel Contest in 1994, but he failed to reach the top finalists. He again prepared for the contest, and in 2001, he was declared the second runner-up in Gladrags Manhunt and Megamodel Contest.
- In 1997, he appeared as one of the models in the Hindi music video ‘Deewane To Deewane Hain’ by Shweta Shetty.
- In 2001 and 2002, he appeared in various episodes of the TV series ‘Ssshhhh…Koi Hai.’ Chetan played supporting/cameo roles in various Hindi TV serials such as ‘Kyun Hota Hai Pyarrr’ (2002) and ‘Kkusum’ (2003).
- In 2002, one day he went clubbing alone, and there he met a girl named Lavinia. During an interview, Chetan talked about the meeting. He said,
At the club, I spotted an old friend of mine. Lavinia was with that friend. I got talking to them and with Lavinia too and we all got along like a house on fire. After sometime a girl came next to me and said hello. And suddenly Lavinia told me to go and hang out with her. I was a little taken aback with her response. But somehow that was the first sign that she really liked me.”
I used to play cricket then and Sundays were no exception. After the game I was dog tired and went home. Suddenly I got a call from her and realised that I conveniently forgot about the dinner plan. I apologised and we went for our first date.”
In an interview, he shared that at that time his financial condition was not good, so he could not afford a diamond ring for her. He then made a ring out of aluminium foil and proposed to Lavinia for marriage. He added,
Lavinia met an old friend and got talking. I found myself getting very jealous. I realised what I felt for her was more than friendship and we actually had our first fight. I made a ring out of silver foil and gave it to her. Tears were rolling down her cheeks and she told me that it meant more than a real ring.”
- In 2004, he played the role of Shashank (Sasha) Garg in the Hindi TV serial ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii’ and gained immense popularity with his role.
- Chetan has also acted in a few Hindi films including ‘City of Gold’ (2010), ‘Bodyguard’ (2011), ‘Once Upon a Time in Mumbai Dobaara’ (2013), and ‘Shootout at Wadala’ (2013).
- He has participated as a contestant in various Hindi TV reality shows like ‘Nach Baliye 4’ (2008), ‘Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao’ (2009), ‘Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki’ (2013), and ‘Lock Upp’ (2022).
- He has played negative roles in various Hindi TV serials like ‘Jodha Akbar’ (2013), ‘Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev’ (2014), ‘Chandra Nandini’ (2016), ‘Naagin 3’ (2018), ‘Brahmarakshas 2’ (2020). During an interview, he talked about getting typecast for his negative roles in the Hindi TV serials. He said,
Getting typecast in a negative role has never bothered me. Of course, I have played a few good boy roles too. But personally I enjoy playing a bad man on screen as then the character has a lot to do. Positive characters ka ek dayra hota hai and you can not cross that. People have accepted me in a particular genre and I am happy about that. In fact, every time I get an offer of a bad man, I am quite excited about it. The makers sometimes have offered me positive roles too but I have not been kicked about it. I am happy being a professional villain on TV.”
- Apart from acting and modelling, he has worked as a lead developer for a year in a private firm Xtrathin Design Private Limited, Mumbai, in 2019. He started working as an unreal engine trainer at ‘The Happiness Room,’ a private firm in Goa, in 2021. In the same year, he joined a company named Director’s Kcut in Mumbai.
- In his leisure time, he loves to go on motorcycle rides with his friends and do various adventure sports.
- Chetan has been featured on the cover page of a few renowned magazines. On the cover of the magazine Parents India, he was featured along with his son, and on the cover of Homemaker magazine, he was featured along with his wife.
- He is a dog lover and owns a pet dog named Zack.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and regularly visits the gym. He also practices Yoga & meditation. In an interview, he shared his morning routine. He said,
When I wake up in the mornings, I do my breathing exercises and meditate almost everyday for about 30 minutes. Later, I workout for 45 minutes. I do these activities daily as they help to relax me and are a great way to kickstart my day. My fitness idol is Arnold Schwarzenegger.”
- He loves hanging out with his friends, doing parties, and watching movies.