Ali Merchant Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Nickname||Minnu Instagram- Ali Merchant|
|Profession(s)||TV actor, DJ, Music Producer, and TV Anchor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
|Debut||TV (Actor): ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii’ (2000) as Bharat Agarwal
|Date of Birth||13 December 1988 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||33 Years|
|School||St. Aloysius High School, Bandra, Mumbai|
|College/University||RD National College, Bandra, Mumbai|
|Religion||Islam The Times of India|
|Caste||Shia Muslim The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sara Khan (TV actor)|
|Marriage Date||• First Marriage- Year, 2010 (divorced within two months)
• Second Marriage- 29 January 2016 (divorced)
|Wife/Spouse||• First Wife- Sara Khan (TV actor)
• Second Wife- Anam Merchant (Investment Banker)
|Parents||Father- Abbas Merchant
Mother- Salma Merchant
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ali Merchant
- Ali Merchant is an Indian television actor, DJ, TV anchor, and music producer.
- He was born and brought up in Mumbai.
- At the age of 17, he started his career as a model. He then won the title of Mr. Bombay.
- Ali has worked as a host for three consecutive seasons of ‘Gladrags Mega Model and Manhunt’ which was aired on Channel V.
- He has acted in a few Hindi TV serials such as ‘Amber Dhara’ (2007), ‘Rubi’ (2008), ‘Saat Phere: Saloni Ka Safar’ (2009), ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai’ (2009), and ‘Bandini’ (2010).
- In 2010, he appeared as a guest contestant in the TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss.’ In the show, he got married to his then-girlfriend Sara Khan (contestant in the show). There were rumours that they were paid Rs. 5 million by the Colors channel for their marriage stint on the show. India TV News
- In 2011, he was invited as a guest in the TV reality show “Sach Ka Saamna.” In the show, he was asked questions about his marriage. He said,
I got married on TV for publicity. Anyone in my place would have done that. Getting into Bigg Boss and then marrying Sara were the biggest mistakes of my career. Actually, being in a relationship with her is my biggest regret.”
- In an interview, Ali shared that post-divorce with Sara, his professional life was also affected. He said,
I had taken a break from acting after the controversy erupted in my life. It became very difficult for me to accept the roles that I started getting after the controversy- all controversial roles, halke roles. I decided that I’d rather do some other work for some time. So I took up a job in Badlapur. But I was missing the industry a lot. After some time, I thought I should change tracks and I got into music. I started doing remixes and mash-ups. I became a full-fledged DJ. I am amongst the top five or ten best DJs of India.”
- A few years later, in 2016, he got married to the investment banker Anam Merchant. During an interview, while talking about his second marriage, he said,
There is no pomp and show as she is not from the industry. We are having a party on January 27, nikaah on 29 and reception on 30. I feel as if I am starting a new chapter of my life. I am hoping that 2016 will be great for me — both on the professional and personal front. Having said that, I want my work to speak rather than my personal life being in focus.”
- However, his second marriage did not last long, and in an interview, he shared that he got divorced from Anam. He said,
We were together for 4 to 5 years. I think our philosophy of life was not matching. Our thought-processes were not matching. She is an amazing girl and she accepts that I am a nice person. Look, my lifestyle became different. DJ brought in nightlife in my life, which had alcohol all around. Those live shows could not make me reach home in time. During the day, she was at her workplace. We couldn’t get sufficient time together. But what could I do? I had just resurrected my career.”
- He was one of the players from the Mumbai Tigers team to participate in the celebrity cricket league ‘Box Cricket League 2’ (2016).
- Apart from taking a break from acting, he started working as a musician and worked with renowned music labels like T-Series, Zee Music Company, and Speed Records. He released his two Hindi music albums titled ‘Tabaahi’ and ‘Kadak’ in 2018.
- In the same year, he appeared as a model in the Hindi music video “Haye Mera Dil” by Teenu Arora.
- He is famous for his Hindi single remixes which includes ‘Gulabo’ (Zee Music Company; 2016), ‘Bad Boys Mashup’ (T-Series; 2016), and ‘Aao Raja’ (Zee Music Company; 2019).
- Ali is also a popular name in the world of Indian DJs. He has worked as a DJ with famous DJs like DJ Snake, Vini Vici, and Ritviz. Some of his popular events (as DJ) are:
- Bollyboom Ali Merchant India club tour (5 Cities; 2018)
- Opened the DaBang Concert at Coca-Cola arena for Bollywood Actors (November 2019)
- Bollyboom 2020 shared stage with Diljit Dosanjh (February 2020)
- Sunburn Holi shared the stage with Vini Vici and Ritviz (March 2020)
- In 2019, he was awarded Celeb M Awards for ‘Best Trending DJ.’
- He has also auditioned for one of the seasons of the TV reality show ‘MTV Roadies,’ but he could not clear the auditions.
- In 2022, he participated as one of the wild card contestants in the digital TV series ‘Lock Upp.’ His ex-wife Sara Khan was also a contestant in the show. During one of his conversations in the show, he shared that he cheated on Sara while she was in Bigg Boss house in 2010. He further said,
I was 23 years old then. Our generation was very naive and immature at that age. So I thought this is a good opportunity to make history by getting married in the reality show (Bigg Boss). When two people are in love, the next step is to get married. We were together for two years before the show. She was living with me in my house. Big Boss After coming out of the house, I realized that there is a lot of trouble between our family. I was mad at all this. I didn’t know what to do.”
Even in the Bigg Boss house, I saw that there was a link-up between Sara and Ashmit. Then I went to Delhi. I was in a club and I got deluded there. I met a girl. We talked on the phone. I was blown away and regretted it very much. I wanted to tell you this to Sarah. She was on the show then. The girl I met was in touch with Sara’s maternal uncle and he told them everything. Everything came in the media. Everything fell apart before I could do damage control. Only then did we decide that we would part ways. Ali Merchant also told that even after the separation, Sara wanted to meet him, but by then some other girl had come in his life and he wanted to move on.”
- He loves to ride motorcycles and has a BMW motorcycle.
Fill & Win iPhone 14 Pro Max
Get a Chance to Win an iPhone 14 Pro Max*
Last Month's Winners
Enter birthdays of your family & friends to win an
iPhone14 Pro Max.
|↑1||Instagram- Ali Merchant|
|↑2, ↑3||The Times of India|
|↑4||India TV News|