Husband: A. Ramulu
Caste: Banjara Tribe (ST)
Age: 39 Years
|Full Name||Bhukya Chandrakala Niru|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Service||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|Major Designation(s)||2009: Chief Development Officer (CDO) Allahabad
2010: SDM Allahabad (Sadar)
2012: District Magistrate of Hamirpur
2014: District Magistrate of Mathura
2015: District Magistrate of Bulandshahr
2016: District Magistrate of Bijnor
2016: On 15 September, appointed as the District Magistrate of Meerut
2017: In March, she was appointed as the Director of Swachh Bharat Mission in New Delhi as well as Deputy Secretary in the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
2017: Appointed Personal Secretary to Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
2017: Returned to her Parent cadre, Uttar Pradesh, where she was appointed "Special Secretary" to Madhyamik Siksha Vibhag
|Date of Birth||27 September 1979|
|Age (as in 2018)||39 Years|
|Birthplace||Garjanapalli, Yellareddy Mandal, Karimnagar, Andhra Pradesh (now, Telangana)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Karimnagar, Telangana, India|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Ramagundam|
|College/University||• Koti Women’s College, Hyderabad
• Osmania University, Hyderabad
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.A. in Geography from Osmania University Hyderabad College For Women
• M.A. in Economics from Osmania University Hyderabad (Distance Education)
|Caste||Banjara Tribe (Scheduled Tribe; ST) Hindustan Times|
|Address||Flat No. 101
Sapphire Homes Apartment
Sarojini Naidu Marg, Near Yojana Bhawan, Lucknow
|Hobbies||Reading, Gardening, Cooking, Travelling|
|Controversies||• She attracted controversy when her net worth grew from ₹10 lakh to ₹1 crore; just within a year of becoming an IAS officer- a case of disproportionate assets.
• She has also been criticized for irregularities in declaring her net worth and total value of immovable properties.
• While serving as the DM of Bulandshahr, she attracted controversy for putting a youth behind the bars for taking a selfie with her.
• In 2016, while serving as the DM of Bijnor, she was criticized for the reopening of a slaughter house in Sahaspur, Bijnor.
• In January 2019, Ms Chandrakala came under the CBI scanner for allegedly bypassing rules while granting sand mining licences during her tenure as District Magistrate of Hamirpur during the Samajwadi Party government in 2012.
|Relationships & More|
|Husband||A Ramulu (Executive Engineer) NDTV|
Daughter- Kirthi Chandra
|Parents||Father- B. Kishan (a retired Senior-technician with Fertilizer Corporation of India in Ramagundam)
Mother- B. Lakshmi (Entrepreneur)
|Siblings||Brother(s)- B. Raghuveer (elder, working as Technical Officer in DLRL Organisation), B. Mahaveer (younger, a banker at State Bank of India Ramagundam, Karimnagar)
Sister- B. Meena (elder, working in Beauty Industry)
|Assets/Properties||• A plot worth ₹10 lakh in Ranga Reddy, Telangana
• A 267 square yards house/plot worth ₹45 lakh in Annapurna Nagar, Andhra Pradesh
• A flat worth ₹67 lakh at Sarojini Naidu Marg in Lucknow
• An agricultural plot worth ₹7 lakh in Karimnagar, Andhra Pradesh
|Salary (as an IAS Officer)||₹91400/Month + Other Allowances (as in 2019)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹1 Crore (as in 2014))|
Some Lesser Known Facts About B. Chandrakala
- She was born as the 3rd child of B. Kishan and B. Lakshmi in a Tribal Community of Karimnagar in Andhra Pradesh (now, Telangana).
- She performed below-average in her class 10th examination, and even couldn’t get admission in Science, Commerce, and Mathematics streams in higher studies.
- She had to pursue humanities, for which, she moved to Hyderabad.
- She was in her second year of BA in Geography when she married Mr A. Ramulu, an executive engineer of Ramsagar project.
- Later, she did post graduation through distance education in Economics from Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- After her marriage, she started preparing for Group 1 Sevices of Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission and emerged as the topper in the SC/ST category & became Deputy Registrar of Cooperative Societies.
- After her success in the Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission, she decided to appear for the Civil Services.
- In her first three attempts, she couldn’t qualify even the preliminary exam. She qualified for the mains exam in her fourth attempt and secured the 409th rank.
- In 2008, Ms Chandrakala became an IAS Officer of UP Cadre, and since then, she has served in different capacities including the District Magistrate of five districts such as Hamirpur, Buladhsahr, Mathura, Meerut, and Bijnor.
- After completing her IAS training, her first posting was as the Chief Development Officer (CDO) of Allahabad.
- Soon after becoming an IAS Officer, Ms Chandrakal became popular as a firebrand officer; earning the nickname of “Lady Dabang.”
- She is also well known for publically pulling up officials.
- Ms Chandrakala is also very popular on social media platforms and has many fan pages to her name. Moreover, she has more fan following than Akhilesh Yadav and Yogi Adityanath on various social media platforms.
- She is very close to her mother, B. Lakshmi, who is an entrepreneur and besides being an uneducated woman she (B. Lakshmi) realised the importance of education and made her children stand on their own. B. Chandrakala gives all the credits behind her success to her mother.
- In January 2019, the CBI conducted searches at her residence in Lucknow and Telangana in illegal sand mining cases of Uttar Pradesh.
- Earlier, she also made headlines regarding her fluctuating net worth, assets, properties. According to rule, every All India Service Officer has to declare his/her Statement of Immovable Property; every year.
- To view the biography of B Chandrakala, check out the video below.