Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 50 Years
Education: B.Sc. Mathematics
|Real Name||Ajay Singh Bisht|
|Other Name||Mahanth Yogi Adityanath|
|Profession||Indian Politician, Religious Missionary|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• In 1996, he 1996, he became the in-charge of managing the election campaign for Mahant Avaidyanath.
• In 1998, he started his political career by becoming the youngest MP (Gorakhpur) to be elected to the 12th Lok Sabha at the age of 26.Since then, he has been elected as an MP from Gorakhpur to the Lok Sabha in 1998, 1999, 2004, 2009, and 2014.
• From 1998 to 1999 he worked in departments like Committee on Food, Civil Supplies, Public Distribution and its Sub-Committee-B on Department of Sugar and Edible Oils; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Home Affairs.
• From 1999 to 2000, he was re-elected to 13th Lok Sabha (2nd term), where he worked in Committee on Food, Civil Supplies and Public Distribution; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Home Affairs.
• In 2004, he was re-elected to 14th Lok Sabha (3rd term), where he worked in Committee on Government Assurances; Member, Committee on External Affairs; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Home Affairs.
• In 2009, he was re-elected to 15th Lok Sabha (4th term), where he worked in Committee on Transport, Tourism and Culture.
• In 2014, he was re-elected to the 16th Lok Sabha (5th term) from Gorakhpur constituency.
• On 19 March 2017, he became the 21st Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
• He won the 2022 Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly election from Gorakhpur by more than 73 thousand votes. ABP News
• On 25 March 2022, he took oath as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the second time at Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Stadium in Lucknow; he became the first UP CM for a second successive term after having completed a full five year term in the State. The Hindu
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Date of Birth||5 June 1972|
|Age (as of 2022)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Panchur, Distt. Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India|
|Hometown||Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||A primary school in Pauri, Uttarakhand|
|College||Garhwal University, Srinagar, Uttarakhand|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics (B.Sc.)|
|Debut||In 1998, when he became an MP for the first time.|
|Family||Father- Anand Singh Bisht (Forest Ranger; died on 20 April 2020; after chronic illness in AIIMS, New Delhi)
Mother- Savitri Devi (Homemaker)
Brother- Mahendra Singh Bisht (Indian Army), 2 more (Both work in a college)
Sister- Shashi (Elder), 2 more
|Spiritual Guru||Mahant Avaidyanath Maharaj
|Religion||Hinduism (Nath Sampradayey)|
|Address||R/O 361 Old Gorakhpur, PS & PO Gorakhpur, Tehsil Sadar Bajar, Dist. Gorakhpur|
|Hobbies||Swimming, playing badminton, feeding animals|
|Controversies||• Yogi has been in controversies for the conversion of other religious people to Hinduism. In 2005, Adityanath allegedly led a purification drive which incorporated the conversion of Christians to Hinduism. In one such instance, 1,800 Christians were reportedly converted to Hinduism in the town of Etah in Uttar Pradesh.
• In January 2007, a falling out occurred amidst a Hindu group and Muslims during a Muharram procession in Gorakhpur which led to the hospitalization of a young Hindu, Raj Kumar Agrahari. Later he was arrested for his provocative speech, which led to the Gorakhpur riots.
• In 2015, Yogi declared that those who oppose Surya Namaskar, part of Yog, can leave India. He stated - My humble request to those who see communalism in even Sun God would be to drown themselves in the sea or live in a dark room for the rest of their lives.
• During the intolerance debate in the media, Yogi compared Shah Rukh Khan to Pakistani terrorist Hafiz Saeed. He said, "Shah Rukh Khan should remember that majority population of India made him a star, and if they'll boycott his films, he will also have to wander on streets. It is unfortunate Shah Rukh Khan is speaking the same language that of Hafiz Saeed."
• On 15 April 2019, The Election Commission of India (ECI) had put a 72-hour prohibition on campaigning by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath for violation of the Model Code of Conduct (MCC). Mr. Adityanath, at a rally on 9 April 2019, said that if the Congress, SP and the BSP had faith in “Ali”, “then we also have faith in Bajrang Bali."
|Food||Gahad (a variety of pulse grown in the hills)|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Unmarried (Celibate)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||72 Lakh (INR)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yogi Adityanath
- Yogi left his house at the age of 21 and was actively associated with the Ram Temple movement in the 90s.
- He met, Mahant Avaidyanath, of Goraknath Temple in Rishikesh, later became his disciple and settled in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, in 1994, 22-year-old. He then changed his name from Ajay to Yogi Adityanath.
- Yogi’s political journey began in 1996 when he was named in-charge of managing the election campaign for Mahant Avaidyanath.
- He was elected as the Member of the 12th Lok Sabha in 1998 from Gorakhpur constituency. He was the youngest member of the Lok Sabha. So far he has been MP for the same constituency five times.
- In 2014 Lok Sabha Elections, Yogi won the elections by a margin of 1, 42,309 votes. Adityanath Yogi is quite a popular politician of his constituency.
- Yogi’s predecessor and spiritual leader, Mahant Avaidyanath, was the President of Hindu Maha Sabha. Both of them kept the Hindutva agenda at the forefront of their election campaign. His mission in life is to convert other religious groups back to Hinduism. He is the successor to former Hindu Mahasabha president Mahant Avaidyanath at the Gorakhpur temple.
- Yogi is the founder of the Hindu Yuva Vahini. It is a social, cultural and nationalist group of young people and is very popular amongst Hindus of Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- In March 2010, Adityanath was one of several BJP MPs who did not adhere to the party whip on the Women’s reservation bill.
- Over the years, he has emerged as the firebrand Hindutva face of BJP with his provocative speeches.
- Despite his prominence in the party, he has never been on good terms with the BJP. He has had a strained relationship with the party for more than a decade. In 2007 UP Elections, BJP and Yogi were at conflict.
- Yogi is an avid animal lover.
- On 19 March 2017, he became the 21st Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- On 3 May 2022, he visited his native village Panchur in the Pauri district for the first time after becoming the Chief Minister. He even missed his father’s funeral on 21 April 2020 to ensure the enforcement of the COVID-induced lockdown. After his visit to his native village, he tweeted a picture in which he is seen touching his mother’s feet. Reportedly, after spending the night in his village, Adityanath attended the hair tonsure ceremony of his nephew the next day. The Hindu