Age: 46 Years
Net Worth: Rs. 37.78 Crore
|Political Journey||• In a by-election in 2000, he was elected member to the 13th Lok Sabha from Kannauj.
• In the 2004 Lok Sabha Elections, he was elected member to the 14th Lok Sabha.
• In the 2009 General Elections, he was elected member to the 15th Lok Sabha for the third term.
• On 10th March 2012, he was appointed Leader of the Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh.
• At the age of 38 years, he became the youngest Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh on 15th March 2012.
• In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, he defeated BJP's Dinesh Lal Yadav aka Nirahua by over 2.59 lakh votes from Azamgarh.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Blood Group||B (+ve)|
|Date of Birth||1 July 1973|
|Age (as in 2020)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Saifai village, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Etawah, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Dholpur Military School, Dholpur, Rajasthan|
|College||• University of Mysore, Mysore, Karnataka, India
• University of Sydney, Australia
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Master's Degree in Civil Environmental Engineering
• Master's Degree in Environmental Engineering
|Family||Father- Mulayam Singh Yadav (Former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh)
Mother- Malti Devi (by birth), Sadhana Gupta (step-mother)
Brother- Prateek Yadav (half-brother)
|Caste||Other Backward Class (OBC)|
|Address||5 Vikramaditya Marg, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket, Playing Football, Listening Music, Reading, Watching Films|
|Controversies||• In 2013, he was surrounded with controversies after IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal's suspension.
• In 2014, an FIR was lodged against him for downloading and watching the pirated copy of Bollywood film "pk".
• In 2016, he was criticised for his derogatory comment on media when he was asked about the Kairana issue.
|Politician||Ram Manohar Lohia|
|Musicians||Guns N' Roses, Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams and Metallica|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Dimple Yadav, Politician (Married 24 November 1999)
|Children||Son- Arjun Yadav
Daughters- Aditi Yadav, Tina Yadav
|Car/Vehicle||Nil (as per his affidavit filed during the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections)|
|Salary (as a Lok Sabha Member)||Rs. 1 Lakh + Other Allowances|
|Assets/Properties||• Bank Deposits: Rs. 8 Crore
• Agricultural Land: Worth Rs. 8.39 Crore
• Non-Agricultural Land: Worth Rs. 21.50 Crore
• Commercial Buildings: Worth Rs. 8 Crore
• Residential Buildings: Worth Rs. 9.43 Crore
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 37.78 Crore (as in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Akhilesh Yadav
- Does Akhilesh Yadav smoke?: Not Known
- Does Akhilesh Yadav drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He studied at one of the best schools of India, Sainik School in Dholpur Rajasthan.
- During his studies at the University of Sydney, he became quite passionate about music and used to listen to songs by Guns N’ Roses, Bryan Adams and Metallica.
- He loves sports very much and is often seen playing Cricket and Football.
- He is an expert socialist and can talk in length and breadth about various social issues.
- He is an ardent follower of Ram Manohar Lohia, one of the great socialists of India.
- He was only 27 years old when he entered the Lok Sabha; after winning a by-election from Kannauj in Uttar Pradesh.
- When he became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh in 2012, he earned the title of being the youngest Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh at the age of 38.
- He is seen as the youth icon of the Samajwadi Party.