Babu Antony Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Nickname||Bob Babu Antony- Facebook|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Martial Artist|
|Famous role(s)||• Lomapadhan in the Malayalam film Vaisali (1989)
• Nandakumar in the Malayalam film Aparahnam (1991)
• Uppukandam Sevichan in the Malayalam film Uppukandam Brothers (1993)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Babu Antony Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 190 cm
in meters- 1.90 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 3”
|Babu Antony Weight||in kilograms- 84 kg
in pounds- 185 lbs
|Debut||Film (Malayalam): Shathru (1985)
Film (Tamil): Poovizhi Vasalile (1987) as Ranjith
Film (Telugu): Pasivadi Pranam (1987) as Ranjith
Film (Kannada): Shanti Kranti (1991) as Bob
Film (Hindi): Hatya (1988) as Ranjit
Film (English): Bullets Blades and Blood (2019)
|Date of Birth||22 February 1966 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||56 Years|
|Birthplace||Ponkunnam, Kerala, India|
|Hometown||Ponkunnam, Kerala, India|
|School||• Sacred Heart High School
• Government Boys High School
• St. Dominic’s High School, Kanjirappally
|College/University||Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB), Pune|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduation in in English Literature
• Post Graduation in Human Resources Management Babu Antony- Facebook
|Religion||Humanism Babu Antony- Facebook|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||15 January
|Wife/Spouse||Evgeniya Antony (Russian-American pianist)
|Children||Son(s)- Arthur Antony (actor, martial artist), Alex Antony
|Parents||Father- T. J. Antony
Mother- Mariyam Antony
|Siblings||Brother- Antony Thekkek, also known as Thampy Antony (elder; actor, writer, activist, producer, and architect)
Sister- He has an elder sister.
|Film Director||Mani Ratnam|
|Food||Puttu And Kadala Curry|
|Quote||Live and let live|
|Car Collection||• Land Rover
• Audi Q3
• Chevrolet Spark
|Bike Collection||Royal Enfield Signals 350
Some Lesser Known Facts About Babu Antony
- Babu Antony is an Indian-American actor, who mainly works in Malayalam cinema. He is popularly known for playing a king in the Malayalam film Vaishali (1989), an ex-terrorist role in the Malayalam film Aparahnam, and an impecunious role in the Malayalam film Sayaahnam. A five-times holder of the Dan Black Belt in martial arts, Antony introduced various forms of martial arts to the South Indian film industry, especially the Malayalam film industry, and is the only martial arts expert actor in the Malayalam cinema to gain prominence by excelling in racy fight scenes.
- Antony grew up in a middle-class Christian family in Ponkunnam, Kerala.
- At the age of six, Antony started learning martial arts under Sebastian Master. He started by learning kalarippayattu, an Indian martial art and fighting style that originated in the southern state of Kerala. Later, while Antony was in Pune for his post-graduation, he learned karate and other forms of martial arts including mixed martial arts (MMA), kung-fu, taekwondo, aikido, jiu-jitsu, judo, kickboxing, and western boxing from the best Indian and international trainers.
- Babu Antony excelled at various sports in his school and college days. He was the captain of his college’s volleyball team and athletic team during his graduation years. While in college, he also taught karate to missionaries in Pune.
- After pursuing his post-graduation, Antony joined the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, as a cinematographer.
- While he was working as a cinematographer, he came into the notice of the Malayalam film director Bharatan who offered him a small role in a Malayalam film.
- In 1985, he played a small role in the Malayalam film Shathru.
- Subsequently, he appeared in the films Poovinu Puthiya Poonthennal (1986), Chilambu (1987), Vrutham (1987), and Veendum Lisa (1987).
- He rose to prominance with the film Vaisali (1988) in which he played the role of Lomapadhan. Directed and edited by Bharathan, the film is a period drama that revolves around a devadasi girl named Vaisali who went on a mission to seduce Rishyashrungan, the son of Maharshi Vibhandakan, and drive him to Chambapuri to perform a mahayagam to bring rain.
- Playing angry young man in films like Gandhari (1993), Bharanakoodam (1994), and Chantha (1995) created a huge fan following among the audience especially youngsters.
- Portraying negative characters with shoulder-level hair and heavy beard, Antony redefined the whole conception of a villain in the films. With his growing popularity among the audience, several directors approached him with lead roles.
- He has worked in many popular Malayalam films like Uthaman (2001), Thandavam (2002), Vajram (2004), Sambhu (2009), and Christian Brothers (2011).
- Some of his Hindi films include Shanti Kranti (1991), Nayak: The Real Hero (2001), and Ekk Deewana Tha (2012).
- He has also appeared in the English film Bullets Blades and Blood (2019).
- Antony played the role of Rashtrakuta King in Mani Ratnam’s epic period action drama Ponniyin Selvan (2022). Set up in the 10th century, the film depicts the story of a group of devout Pandya soldiers who frame a plan to avenge their King, Veerapandiyan, who was slain in battle by the Chola crown prince, Aditha Karikalan.
- A few years after making a career in acting, Babu Antony moved to the US and got settled with his family in Houston, Texas.
- Apart from being an actor, Babu Antony is also a martial artist and has taught different forms of martial arts at Papal Pontifical College, Pune, for several years.
- In 2015, he founded a martial arts school named Babu Antony School of Martial Arts in GCC, where students can learn various forms of martial arts including karate, tai chi, and kung-fu. Later, one of its branch was opened up in Missouri City, Texas, USA.
- Whenever free, Antony loves to do painting and poetry.
- In an interview, while talking about the Malayalam film industry, Antony said that it is controlled by just a few people. He said,
When I emerged as a hero, there were times I had continuous hits in Malayalam. I also tasted success as a supporting actor in other languages. But there was a collective effort from a group in the Malayalam film industry to flush me out, which affected my career. About 20 projects got cancelled and it was a huge loss to many in the industry. This has been my experience and I feel, talking out about it is the right thing to do. I survived only because of the audience and some genuine filmmakers.”
- In 2022, Antony was featured on the cover of the Grahalakshmi magazine along with his wife and children.
- Antony is often spotted consuming alcohol at parties.
- In one of his social media posts, he talked about his role of Sufi in the Malayalam film Thandavam. He said,
One of my most enjoyed roles, called Sufi, working with Priyan (crash work) and Mohanlal, etc. In the film Thandavam directed by Shaji Kailas. There was a nice fight in the climax to joining hands with the hero to take the villain down. But the role never made it out of the editing table. This role would have given me a new lease of life in Malayalam movies as I had no movies then. Thank you fans for refreshing my memory.”
- As of 2022, Babu Antony has appeared in more than 200 films in different languages like Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada and is known for his quick punches, fast kicks, and fluid movements in action scenes in the films. Some of his films have also been featured in national and international film festivals.
- Babu Antony has even trained his sons, Arthur and Alex in martial arts. His elder son, Arthur is a Dan Black Belt in MMA. Arthur is also an actor and singer and has lent his voice for a song in the Malayalam film Philips and the Monkey Pen.
|↑1||Babu Antony- Facebook|
|↑2, ↑3||Babu Antony|
|↑4||Babu Antony- Facebook|
|↑5||Babu Antony- Facebook|
|↑6||The Times of India|