|Real Name||Baljinder Singh Sandhu|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||Year 1967|
|Birth Place||Patiala, Punjab, India|
|Date of Death||29 January 2018|
|Place of Death||Outside Jaitu college campus, Faridkot|
|Age (at the time of death)||50 Years|
|Death Cause||Suicide (Shot dead)|
|Hometown||Patiala, Punjab, India|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Son- 1 (born in 1996)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Baljinder Singh Sandhu
- In 1993, he joined the police as an assistant sub-inspector.
- On 12 January 2018, the Jaitu Police detained 3 students from the college, 2 boys of B.Com 2nd year and a girl of B.Com 1st year, from a bus stop, as they were waiting for a bus. At the same time, SHO Gurmeet Singh was passing by and when he saw the students, he started questioning them. He later took them to the police station, where he had allegedly beaten them. Infuriated over the incident, the college students filed a complaint against the SHO with the Faridkot senior superintendent of police, but no action was taken against him, as per the college principal, Inderjit Kaur.
- On January 27, the DSP Sandhu tried to resolve the dispute, but the SHO wasn’t ready, which the students started their protest against the “moral policing” of the local police.
- On 29 January 2018, Sandhu, along with the constable Lal Singh, went to a constituent college of Punjabi University in Jaitu, Faridkot, to resolve a dispute between the students and the Jaitu Police. When the DSP tried to appease the protesters outside the college campus, a few among the crowd questioned his “integrity” as according to them, he was allegedly “favouring” the students who were against their protest. He took it upon himself that provoked him to direct his weapon towards his head, after which he fired a shot and committed suicide by shooting himself with his licensed weapon during a students’ protest at a constituent college of Punjabi University in Jaitu, 35km from Faridkot, on Monday.
- As it was a point-blank shot, the bullet penetrated through DSP’s head and injured constable, Lal Singh. Though they were rushed to Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Faridkot, DSP was declared brought dead, while Lal Singh died on 30 January 2018.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡