Some Lesser Known Facts About Captain Amarinder Singh
- Does Captain Amarinder Singh smoke?: Not Known
- He was born to Yadavindra Singh & Maharani Mohinder Kaur of Patiala.
- He was very passionate about joining the army from his school days.
- After graduating from NDA and IMA, he joined the Indian Army (commissioned as a Captain) in June 1963.
- When he was in the Indian Army along with his brother, his father was the then Ambassador to Rome and his mother was in the Lok Sabha.
- He resigned from the Indian Army in August 1965, citing his services were needed at home.
- He rejoined the Indian Army after the start of Indo-Pak War in 1965.
- When Lt Gen Harbaksh Singh (GOC-IN-C of the western command) asked Amarinder to join him, he felt honored and joined him as his ADC.
- In the 1965 Indo-Pakistan War, he served as the captain in the Indian Army.
- Rajiv Gandhi was his friend from school and inducted him into the Congress in 1980.
- His daughter Jai Inder Kaur is married to a Delhi-based businessman, Gurpal Singh.
- His wife, Preneet Kaur, has served as the Minister of State in the Ministry of External Affairs from 2009 to 2014.
- His elder sister, Heminder Kaur is married to K. Natwar Singh (former Foreign Minister).
- Amarinder’s wife, Preneet Kaur, and former IPS Officer Simranjeet Singh Mann’s wife are sisters.
- He has been associated with the Jat Maha Sabha for more than 3 decades and is an advocate of Jat Reservation under the OBC class.
- He has written a number of books on Sikh History & War.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡