Relationship Status: In A Relationship
Age: 24 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Real Name||Dhruv Rathee|
|Famous For||His YouTube Videos|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6’ 1"
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 78 kg
in pounds- 172 lbs
|Date of Birth||8 October 1994|
|Age (as in 2020)||26 Years|
|School||A CBSE school in India|
|Educational Qualification(s)||Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from Germany
Masters in Renewable Energy Engineering
|Political Inclination||Liberal & Centrist|
|Hobbies||Photography, Watching Films, Reading Detective Books, Travelling, Scuba Diving, Martial Arts|
|Controversies||• He is often criticised for his anti-government views and for being biased towards a particular political party.
• On 9 May 2018, a police complaint was also filed against Rathee in Delhi by an advocate on behalf of Vikas Pandey, a self-described “Bharatiya Janata Party volunteer." The complaint was against one of his videos in which Rathee accused Pandey of spreading the fake news through his Facebook page "I Support Narendra Modi."
• In 2019, his Facebook page was blocked for a while; after his post about Hitler's rise to power, which implicitly drew a parallel with the rise of right-wing politics. However, later Facebook apologized to the Indian YouTuber and restored his Facebook page.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Favourite Journalist||Ravish Kumar|
|Favourite News Channel||NDTV India|
|Favourite Newspaper(s)||Hindustan Times, Indian Express, The Hindu|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar, Varun Dhawan, Tom Cruise|
|Favourite Film(s)||Interstellar (2014), The Martian (2015), Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)|
|Favourite Blog(s)||Logical Indian, Wire.in, Newslaundry|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dhruv Rathee
- Does Dhruv Rathee smoke?: No
- Does Dhruv Rathee drink alcohol?: No
- He is known for his YouTube videos, which, according to him, are made to educate people.
- As of May 2018, his YouTube Channel had over 4.6 lakh subscribers.
- Rathee claims that he makes videos with the help of an iPhone.
- In his videos, he looks straight into the camera and discusses everything making headlines in India, especially government policies.
- Over time, Rathee has attracted his fair share of haters and trolls.
- He started uploading YouTube videos in 2014. Initially, his videos were of his travels and photography; as he was a photography and filmmaking enthusiast.
- Over time, Rathee has become one of the most successful YouTubers in India.
- He can also be seen on television news debates.
- Rathee says that he took an interest in politics during the Anna Hazare movement in 2011.
- Rathee uploaded his first videos against the Modi Government in October 2014. The Video titled “BJP Exposed: Lies Behind The Bullshit.” The video registered over 50000 views.
- Rathee said that he became frustrated with the Modi Government when he joined hands with the corruption accused B S Yeddyurappa.
- In Video-after-video, he has been critical of the Modi Government including Demonetisation, Surgical Strike, the Gurmehar Kaur row, EVM Hacking, Yogi Adityanath becoming the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, and many more.
- In some of his videos, Rathee has been seen defending the Arvind Kejriwal Government in Delhi, which attracted trolls, accusing him of being biased.
- He has also started a segment called Pee News, styled as a fake news programme.
- He is a PADI certified scuba diver.
- Here’s an interesting video about Dhruv Rathee’s biography: