|Profession(s)||Retired Army personnel and a farmer|
|Famous for||Father of Indian rapper Sidhu Moose Wala|
|Date of Birth||5 January|
|Age (as of 2022)||Not known|
|Birthplace||Village Moosa, Mansa, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Village Moosa, Mansa, Punjab, India|
|Religion||Sikh The Quint|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu (Moosa village Sarpanch)
|Children||Son- Sidhu Moose Wala (a politician and rapper by profession)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Balkaur Singh
- Balkaur Singh is an ex-Indian Army soldier. He is the father of the renowned Indian rapper, Sidhu Moose Wala.
- During the shootout, Balkaur Singh was in another vehicle, which was following the trail of Sidhu Moose Wala’s jeep.
- Recalling the incident that unfolded on 29 May 2022, Balkaur Singh stated that he was in a vehicle, with the security gunmen of Sidhu Moose Wala, when all of a sudden, a Toyota Corolla overtook their vehicle and started following Sidhu Moose Wala’s jeep. While giving an interview, Balkaur Singh said,
I followed him (Sidhu) with his government gunman and went in another car. On the way, I saw a Toyota Corolla car following my son’s Thar. There were four people in it. When my son’s Thar reached near the phirni (outside road) of Jawaharke village, a white colored Bullero car was already waiting there. There were also four people sitting in it. As soon as my son’s Thar reached in front of that Bolero car, the four miscreants started firing indiscriminately at him. The firing continued for some time and then the miscreants fled away with the Bullero and Corolla vehicles. As soon as I reached the spot, it started making noise. I called the people around and then took the son and both the friends to the hospital.”
- Balkaur Singh wrote a letter to the Chief Minister of Punjab, Bhagwant Mann, demanding that the probe be handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the National Investigation Agency (NIA). He further demanded that the case should be taken over directly by a panel of judges from the Punjab High Court.
- Balkaur Singh also revealed that his son, Sidhu Moose Wala, received threats from several notorious gangsters; asking for large sums of money. During an interview, Balkaur Singh said,
It was because of the regular threats that the family had bought a bulletproof Fortuner car. But on Sunday, my son had left the house with two of his friends (Gurwinder Singh and Gurpreet Singh) in a Mahindra Thar car. He had left both the bulletproof car and the gunman at home.”
- During the cremation of his son, Sidhu Moose Wala, Balkaur Singh removed his turban and moved it towards the people gathered for the cremation, implying that being a father to the killed son, he has lost everything.
- In July 2022, a life-size statue of Sidhu Moose Wala was installed at his village, Musa, in Mansa. While inaugurating the statue in the field, where the last rites of Sidhu Moose Wala were conducted, Balkaur Singh broke down and said,
I can’t bear to see my son as a statue at 28.”
- In July 2022, Balkaur Singh and his wife, Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu, got themselves inked with the singer’s sketch on their hands.