Sangeetha Sajith Age, Death, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
Death Date: 22/05/2022
Death Cause: Kidney-Related Ailments
Age: 46 Years
|Profession(s)||Playback Singer and Carnatic Musician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Song: "MTV Parthuputta" from the Tamil film Naalaiya Theerpu (1992)
|Last Song||Theme song for the Malayalam film 'Kuruthi' (2021)
|Date of Birth||Year, 1976|
|Birthplace||Nagampadam, Kottayam, Kerala|
|Date of Death||22 May 2022|
|Place of Death||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala|
|Age (at the time of death)||46 Years|
|Death Cause||Kidney-Related Ailments The Times of India|
|Hometown||Nagampadam, Kottayam, Kerala|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Husband/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Father- VG Sachith
|Siblings||Sister(s)- Swapna Shyamaprasad and Smitha Anil (both elder)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sangeetha Sajith
- Sangeetha Sajith was an Indian playback singer, who mainly worked in South Indian films.
- She was born in Kerala, and later, she settled in Chennai.
- She lent her voice to more than 200 songs in various languages like Tamil and Malayalam.
- She came into the limelight with the Tamil song “Thaneerai Kadhalikum” from the film ‘Mr. Romeo’ (1996) composed by the famous Indian musician A. R. Rahman.
- Some of her popular songs are “Ambili Poovattam” from ‘Ennu Swantham Janakikutty’ (1998), “Aalare Govinda” from ‘Kakkakuyil’ (2001), “Odathandil Thalam Kottum” from ‘Pazhassi Raja’ (2009), and “Dhum Dhum Dooreyetho” from ‘Rakkilipattu’ (2013).
- In 2020, she lent her voice to the Malayalam song “Thaalam Poyi” from the film ‘Ayyappanum Koshiyum.’
- She once sung the Tamil song “Gnana Pazhathai Pizhinthu” at the Tamil Nadu Government Film Awards in front of the then Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa. Jayalalithaa was so impressed by her performance that she gifted Sangeetha a gold chain.
- On 22 May 2021, Sangeetha took her last breath at her sister’s residence in Thiruvananthapuram. She was suffering from kidney-related ailments. Her funeral was held at the public crematorium Saanthi Kavadamn, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan and the veteran Indian singer KS Chithra shared their condolences on her demise.
- The Indian song composer Jakes Bejoy shared his grief through his Facebook account. He uploaded Sangeetha’s picture with the caption,
You were always so sweet and warm. It was a privilege I could work with you on the song ‘Thalam Poyi.”
|↑1||The Times of India|