|Famous for||Mother of Indian rapper Sidhu Moose Wala|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress
|Political Journey||Became the Sarpanch of Moosa village, Mansa District, Punjab (2018 - present)|
|Date of Birth||15 May|
|Religion||Sikh The Quint|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Sidhu Moose Wala (a politician and rapper)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu
- Charanjeet Kaur is an Indian politician. She is the mother of the slain rapper, Sidhu Moose Wala.
- In 2018, Charanjeet Kaur became the Sarpanch (village’s head) of the Moosa village, Mansa District, Punjab. The Indian National Congress supported her.
- Charanjeet Kaur’s son, Sidhu Moose Wala, started a door to door campaign; to campaign for her mother in the 2018 Sarpanch elections, held at Moosa village.
- Charanjeet Kaur defeated her opponent by a margin of 702 votes. The opponent was supported by the political party, Akali Dal. In the elections, Charanjeet fought with the agenda of fighting against the rampant abuse of drugs and alcohol in the village.
- Charanjeet Kaur, in an interview, had expressed her desire to watch her son, Sidhu Moose Wala, get married.
- In an interview, Sidhu Moose Wala‘s mother, Charanjeet Kaur, claimed that her son would soon be getting married, and it would not be an arranged marriage but a love marriage. She had even started preparations for Sidhu Moose Wala’s marriage. In an interview, Charanjeet Kaur said,
My son was to get married soon, and that too by the end of this year itself. He had already exchanged the rings with his partner, the photo of engagement being circulated on the internet is false though, it is from a project of his. The marriage won’t be an arranged marriage. It would have been a loved one. He chose the girl himself and the preparations of the marriage had already begun.”
- Charanjeet Kaur blamed the Aam Aadmi Party-led Punjab Government for the death of her son. In an interview, she stated that the Chief Minister of Punjab, Bhagwant Mann and the Aam Admi Party’s President and Delhi’s Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal, were to be blamed for the assassination of her son. She even claimed that the Punjab government had revoked the Punjab Police’s security detail; provided to Sidhu Moose Wala, for the threat looming on his life. Nrjsclub
- Charanjeet Kaur further accused the Punjab Chief Minister, Bhagwant Mann, of providing 20 armed security personnel for the security of his sister. Nrjsclub
- In July 2022, Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu and her husband, Balkaur Singh, got themselves inked with the singer’s sketch on their hands.