|Profession(s)||Comedian, Actor, Scriptwriter, and Host|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Debut||TV (Contestant): Hasde Hasande Ravo (2009), aired on MH 1
Film, Punjabi (Actor): Dharti (2011)
Film, Punjabi (Scriptwriter): Sardaarji (2015)
|Date of Birth||26 January 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||37 Years|
|School||Shree Parvati Jain Co-Education Senior Secondary School, Jalandhar|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation YouTube|
|Hobbies||Travelling and Listening to Music|
|Tattoo(s)||A tattoo on his arm, depicting his love for travelling
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names Not Known (Both died when Balraj was too young)|
|Siblings||He has two sisters.|
|Singer(s)||Gurdas Maan and Babbu Maan|
|Car Collection||Toyota Corolla Altis
|Bike Collection||Royal Enfield
Some Lesser Known Facts About Balraj Syal
- Balraj and his sisters were raised by their paternal uncle and aunt.
- While he was in school, he wanted to become an IAS or IPS officer.
- After completing his 12th class, he left the studies for almost two years; as the financial condition of his family was not good.
- He worked in a clothes shop to support his family financially. Later, he joined a college in his hometown and completed his graduation.
- While he was in college, one of his seniors had told him that the students who participate in extra-curricular activities, get a fees concession, so, he joined a theatre group in his college.
- His acting guru, Amit Sharma, told him about the auditions of the Punjabi comedy show, ‘Hasde Hasande Ravo.’ Balraj auditioned for it and was selected among the top finalists.
- Later, he appeared in many TV shows, like ‘Ikk Tara Bole,’ ‘Music Online,’ ‘Desi Talk,’ and ‘Lots of Ladies.’
- He participated in one of the seasons of ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge,’ but got eliminated in the first episode.
- In 2009, he won the “Best Stand-up Comedian Trophy” in the Star One’s comedy show, ‘Laughter Ke Phatke.’
- He has also worked as an actor in a few Punjabi films, like ‘Kabaddi Once Again’ (2012) and ‘Tu Mera 22 Main Tera 22’ (2013).
- He won the Hindi comedy show, ‘Comedy Ka Maha Muqabla’ in 2014.
- He has also appeared in the Punjabi TV shows, like ‘The Great Punjabi Comedy Show’ and ‘Hasde Hasande Ravo 2.’
- He has penned down the script of many Punjabi films, including Ambarsariya (2016), Sardaarji 2 (2016), Jindua (2017), and Anakh (2017).
- He has also worked as a host in many TV shows.
- In 2018, he appeared in the Colors TV show, ‘Entertainment Ki Raat.’
- He appeared as a guest in Bigg Boss Season 11 (2017).
- In 2020, he participated in the Colors TV show, ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karoge.’
- In an interview, Balraj shared why he participated in ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karoge’ (2020), he said,
My relatives are behind my life to get married and settle down. And I have been running from it since a long time. There are 2 reasons for it- firstly that I don’t have anyone in my life, and secondly weddings are an expensive affair. Here the channel is taking care of everything. Agar Shehnaaz ko main pasand aagaya to meri shaadi ye yahin kara denge aur mere paise bhi bach jaayenge.”
- In 2020, he participated in an Indian stunt TV reality show, ‘Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 10,’ hosted by the Bollywood director, Rohit Shetty.
- Reportedly, even after winning a few comedy shows, he had to struggle a lot to get good work. He even sold his car that he had bought from the prize money to meet his expenses.
- He was awarded ‘Big Punjabi Rising Star Award’ in 2011 for the ‘Best Comedian Male.’
- He won “30 Under 30” award by Hindustan Times in 2013.
- He has also worked as a creative writer in ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’ (2013).
- In 2018, he won 7th Times of India Film Awards (TIIFA).
- He has participated in various seasons of ‘Box Cricket League.’
- The Hindi TV actor, Suyyash Rai is one of his best friends.
- He considers the Indian comedian, Rajiv Thakur, his mentor.