Gurdas Maan Height, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Wife: Manjit Maan
Age: 66 Years
|Profession(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Choreographer, Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Song: Dil Da Mamala Hai (1980)
Album: Chakkar (1984)
Film: Mamla Gadbad Hai (1984)
|Date of Birth||4 January 1957|
|Age (as of 2023)||66 Years|
|Birthplace||Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|School||Yadavindra Public School, Patiala, Punjab, India|
|College/University||A college in malout
Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala, India
|Educational Qualification||Diploma Course in Sports Coaching from National Institute of Sports, Patiala, India|
|Hobbies||Gymming, Yoga, Poetry|
|Controversies||• In 2005, he came into controversy twice. Firstly, when he sang a movie song at a Vaisakhi concert, instead of singing a religious song. Secondly, when he made a song saying "throw away your religious books and underwear" which hurt the sentiments of the Sikh community.
• In 2011, Mann released an album called Jogiya. The song Sadi Jithe Lagi Ae Lagi Rehn De propel a controversy among the Sikh community as it was promoting derawad.
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Manjit Maan (producer, director)
|Children||Son- Gurickk G Maan (video director, producer)
|Parents||Father- Late Sardar Gurdev Singh Mann
Mother- Late Bibi Tej Kaur
|Siblings||Brother- Paramjit Bahia
Sister- Not Known
|Food||Rajma chawal, Sarso Saag|
|Singers||Kuldeep Manak, Surinder Shinda|
|Song||Aye Meri Zohra Jabeen from the movie Waqt (1965)|
|Car Collection||Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 The Economic Times|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gurdas Maan
- Does Gurdas Maan smoke?: No
- Does Gurdas Maan drink alcohol?: Yes
- During his college days, he gave his first stage performance at an official event of Punjab State Electricity Board on the song Sajna Ve Sajna, listening to which, their official staff got so much impressed that they gave him a job in their department.
- He was a fine athlete and has won a bronze model at the National Wrestling Championship.
- He is also a black belt in Judo.
- He used to participate in youth festivals organized by various universities and won numerous awards for his singing and acting.
- He has written & directed the TV show POP Time for Doordarshan, Delhi.
- Watching one of his stage performance on the song Dil Da Mamla Hai, the producer of a Jalandhar TV station approached him for the TV recording of the same song. Maan immediately agreed to it, after which the song was aired on 31 December 1980, and became an instant hit.
- For his evergreen track Apna Punjab Hove, he has received awards in various categories such as The Best Song, The Best Album, and The Best International Artist of the Asian Pop and Media Award, held in Birmingham, UK in 1998.
- In 2005, he won the Jury’s Award (The National Film Award), which was given by the President of India.
- In 2009, he won the Best International Album Award at the UK Asian Music Awards for his superhit song Boot Polishan (2007).
- On 7 September 2010, he has bestowed an honorary doctorate from the Wolverhampton University in the UK for his immense contribution to International Punjabi music, art, and culture.
- On 9 January 2001, he met with an accident at a village near Rupnagar, Punjab, in which his driver cum good friend Tejpal died and later he dedicated the song Sawari to him.
- On 20 January 2007, at a village near Karnal, Haryana, he again met with a car accident in which he was hit by a truck, after which he got minor injuries on his face and body, and his driver Ganesh suffered serious injuries.
- In 2015, Maan performed on the song “Ki Banu Duniya Da” along with Diljit Dosanjh on the Coke Studio.
- He has made a special appearance in the Bollywood film “Veer Zaara.”
- Every year in the month of May, he performs at the Dera Baba Murad Shah Ji (Nakodar, Punjab) as he is a devotee of Baba Murad Shah Ji & Sai Laddi Shah Ji.
- He is a huge supporter of Manchester United Football Club.
- He always wanted to be a successful solo artist, and that’s why he rejected many offers to perform as a duet artist.
- Apart from Punjabi, he is also fluent in Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Haryanvi and Rajasthani languages.
- He has produced 34+ albums and has written 305+ songs.
- He considers ice-cream his weakness.
- Gurdas along with his wife Manjit Maan owns a production house “Sai Productions” in Mumbai.
- Maan was awarded a National Film Award for the ‘Best Male Playback Singer’ for the film Waris Shah: Ishq Daa Waaris by the president of India.
- He is often addressed as “The Living Legend,” “Maan Sahab,” and “The Pride of Punjab.”
- Maan owns the restaurant “The Studio – by Gurdas Maan” which is based on the concept of providing fine-dining experience with live musical performances.
|↑1||The Economic Times|