|Real Name||Tejinder Singh Maan|
|Profession||Singer, Actor, Lyricist, Music Director, Producer, Screenwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 41 Inches
- Waist: 33 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||18 March 1975|
|Age (as in 2017)||42 Years|
|Birth Place||Khant Maanpur, Tehsil Khamanon, District Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Khant Maanpur,Khamanon Tehsil, District Fatehgarh Sahib,P unjab, India|
|College||Panjab University, Chandigarh, India|
|Educational Qualifications||MA in Urdu, Music Coaching|
|Debut||Punjabi Album: Sajjan Rumal De Geya (1998)
Hindi Album: Mera Gham (2007)
Film: Hawayein (2003)
|Family||Father- Late Babu Singh Maan
Mother- Late Kulbir Kaur
Sisters- Rupie and Jassi
|Address||SCF 68, Phase-10, Sector 64, Mohali, Punjab, India|
|Hobbies||Making the best out of waste, Gymming|
|Controversies||• In 2009, after the release of his song "Ik Baba Nanak Si" from his album 'Singh Is Better Than King,' he tried to expose the 'fake babas' these days. The song was supported by a majority of the Sikh community, but also faced criticism by some.
• In 2010, while performing at a concert in the UK, he doubted the martyrdom of legendary freedom fighter Lala Lajpat Rai.
|Favourite Food/Beverages||Boiled Egg, Coffee, Butter, Curd, Lassi|
|Favourite Actor||Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Not Known|
|Favourite Singer||Gurdas Maan, Muhammad Sadiq, Sukhwinder Singh, Asha Bhosle, Bob Marley|
|Favourite Colours||Black, Blue|
|Favourite Song||"Chura Liya Hai Tumne Jo Dil Ko" by Mohammed Rafi and Asha Bhosle, "Dum Maro Dum" by Asha Bhosle|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Harmandeep Kaur Maan|
|Car Colllection||Black Audi Q7, Pajero|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Babbu Maan
- Does Babbu Maan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Babbu Maan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Babbu gave his first stage performance at the age of 7 at a school function.
- When he was around 16 years old, he started composing song lyrics.
- When he was 23 years old, he released his debut album ‘Sajjan Rumal De Geya’ (1998), but it wasn’t that successful.
- In 2001, he became an overnight star with his album ‘Saaun Di Jhadi.’
- His debut film ‘Hawayein’ (2003) was based on the Anti-Sikh riots in 1984, and because of such a sensitive issue it was banned by the Government of India but released outside the India.
- His 4th album ‘Pyaas’ (2005) was a superhit and was awarded the Best Album of the Year by ETC Channel Punjabi Music Awards 2006.
- The Punjabi film ‘Ekam -Son of Soil’ (2010) was produced, acted and written by himself.
- His album ‘Talaash: In Search of Soul’ (2013) was a huge hit worldwide, was listed in the ‘Billboard 200’ charts and has won 4 World Music Awards such as World’s Best Indian Male Artist, World’s Best Indian Live Act, World’s Best Indian Entertainer and World’s Best Indian Album.
- He co-owns a production company ‘Maan Films Private Limited.’
- He is the ambassador of ‘One Hop, One Chance’, a Punjab-based Non-Profit Organization.
- His dream project is to build a hospital for poor people and to make old age homes at his native place.