Wife: Harmandeep Kaur Maan
Father: Babu Singh Maan
Age: 44 Years
|Real Name||Tejinder Singh Maan|
|Profession||Singer, Actor, Lyricist, Music Director, Producer, Screenwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms-80 kg
in pounds-176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 41 inches
- Waist: 33 inches
- Biceps: 13 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Punjabi Album: Sajjan Rumal De Geya (1998)
Hindi Album: Mera Gham (2007)
Film: Hawayein (2003)
|Date of Birth||18 March 1975|
|Age (as in 2019)||44 Years|
|Birthplace||Khant, Maanpur, Tehsil Khamanon, District Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Khant, Maanpur, Khamanon Tehsil, District Fatehgarh Sahib,P unjab, India|
|School||A private school in Maanpur|
|College/University||• A Government College in Ropar, Punjab
• Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
|Educational Qualification||M.A in Urdu|
|Address||SCF 68, Phase-10, Sector 64, Mohali, Punjab, India|
|Hobbies||Making the best out of waste, Gymming|
|Tattoo(s)||On the left arm: a lion with a Khanda (sikh symbol)
|Controversies||• In 2009, when Babbu Maan tried to expose the 'fake babas' through his song "Ik Baba Nanak Si," he was supported by a majority of Sikh community but he also faced criticism from a few groups.
• He again landed into a controversy when he questioned the martyrdom of the legendary freedom fighter, Lala Lajpat Rai, through a song at a concert in the UK.
• Babbu Maan was awarded the 'Daf BAMA Music Awards' for "Best Male Artist" and "Best Punjabi Act," after which Garry Sandhu alleged that he did not win but has bought the awards. Later, Garry was condemned for his act.
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Harmandeep Kaur Maan|
|Parents||Father- Late Babu Singh Maan (Farmer)
Mother- Late Kulbir Kaur
Sister- Rupie, Jassi
|Favourite Food||Boiled Egg, Curd|
|Favourite Beverages||Coffee, Lassi|
|Favourite Actors||Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan|
|Favourite Songs||Chura Liya Hai Tumne Jo Dil Ko, Dum Maro Dum|
|Favourite Singers||Gurdas Maan, Muhammad Sadiq, Sukhwinder Singh, Asha Bhosle, Bob Marley|
|Favourite Colours||Black, Blue|
|Favourite Holiday Destination||Canada|
|Car Collection||Black Audi Q7, Pajero
Some Lesser Known Facts About Babbu Maan
- Does Babbu Maan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Babbu Maan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Babbu Maan was born into a middle-class family.
- He lived in a joint family in his childhood.
- Babbu gave his first stage performance at the age of 7 at a school function.
- When he was around 16 years old, he started composing song lyrics.
- He did various stage shows before releasing his first album.
- When he was 23 years old, he released his debut album ‘Sajjan Rumal De Geya’ (1998), but it wasn’t that successful.
- In 2001, he became an overnight star with his album ‘Saaun Di Jhadi.’
- His debut film ‘Hawayein’ (2003) was based on the Anti-Sikh riots in 1984, and because of such a sensitive issue, it was banned by the Government of India but released outside India.
- His 4th album ‘Pyaas’ (2005) was a super hit and was awarded the Best Album of the Year by ETC Channel Punjabi Music Awards 2006.
- The Punjabi film ‘Ekam -Son of Soil’ (2010) was produced, acted and written by himself.
- His album ‘Talaash: In Search of Soul’ (2013) was a huge hit worldwide, was listed in the ‘Billboard 200’ charts and has won 4 World Music Awards such as World’s Best Indian Male Artist, World’s Best Indian Live Act, World’s Best Indian Entertainer and World’s Best Indian Album.
- He co-owns a production company ‘Maan Films Private Limited.’
- Babbu Maan released a special song “Mere Varge Mere Fans” which was dedicated to his fans.
- He is the ambassador of ‘One Hop, One Chance’, a Punjab-based Non-Profit Organization.
- His dream project is to build a hospital for poor people and to make old age homes in his native place.
- Maan not only gives voice to his songs but he also writes his own lyrics and composes his own music.
- During the shoot of his film “Hashar,” around 8000 people gathered there just to have a glimpse of him. Maan then gave a special performance for his fans after the shoot for the day was done.
- He is often addressed as “Khantwala Maan.”