|Street Vendor/ Hawker and Singer
|His song “Kacha Badam” in 2022.
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 2”
|Birbhum, West Bengal
|Birbhum, West Bengal
|Relationships & More
|Name Not Known
|He has two sons and one daughter.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bhuban Badyakar
- Bhuban Badyakar is an Indian street vendor/hawker who went viral in 2022 for his song “Kacha Badam.”
- During an interview, he talked about his family. He said,
I come from a small village from Birbhum. My family is very happy with the success of the song. Whenever I leave home to go anywhere, for example, now that I am here in Kolkata for the concert, my wife gets very upset (laughs). My son also worries about how I will travel and where I’ll stay. But I believe that if god has shown you a way, god will also guide you through it.”
- In childhood, he used to sing songs with the singing group Baul team. In an interview, while talking about it, he said,
It all started last year when I came to know from a scrap dealer in Dubrajpur that things like broken cell phones, old imitation jewelry or even human hair can be sold at a good price. I decided to buy these scraps from people in exchange of peanuts. It inspired me to create a song that will be close to people and they will be able to relate to it. One buyer had recorded me while singing and uploaded it on social media. I didn’t realize that so many people will love my song this much. God has showered blessings on me finally.”
- One day, while he was selling untoasted peanuts (called kacha badam in West Bengal) and other items on the streets, someone heard him singing his song Kacha Badam. The person liked the song very much and requested Bhuban to sing again so that he could record it. The song was then uploaded on social media and within a few days, the song went viral.
View this post on Instagram
- Soon, people started making Instagram reels on the song in India and abroad. The song gained immense popularity after the Indian model Anjali Arora made a lip-sync video on the song in 2022.
- With the increasing popularity of the song in 2022, the Indian music label Godhulibela Music released the remix version of Kacha Badam “Badam 2.0” featuring Bhuban.
- Later, the netizens started asking the music label whether they had paid remuneration to Bhuban, and then the music label paid him a cheque of Rs. 3 lakhs. In an interview, while talking about it, the owner of Godhulibela Music said,
We signed a deal with Bhuban da for Rs 3 lakhs today and he was paid Rs 1.5 in cheque. He will be paid the remaining next week. It was a long time due to him. I am so happy to see that so many important people have loved my song and want more such songs from me. I was recently in Kolkata and it was my second visit to the city. The love and praise I received brought tears to my eyes.”
- In 2022, he was invited to perform at various places in Kolkata.
- In the same year, he was felicitated by the West Bengal Police for his song, and he was also honoured by the former Indian cricketer Sourav Ganguly on the TV show Dadagiri Unlimited Season 9. During an interview, Bhuban shared his feelings about being honoured. He said,
I feel privileged. Never thought that I’d reach here. God’s grace. Never dreamt of this. I just made the song, never thought it’d be such highlighted. The best part is I am not just a peanut seller now. People see me as a musician and this is a proud moment for not just me but also for my village. I experienced so many things in the past few weeks. I must admit sometimes the attention is leaving me in awkward position. I am not used to this popularity. But I am happy and looking for a better future for my family with help of my music talent.”