Wife: Dona Ganguly
Age: 47 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sourav Ganguly
- Does Sourav Ganguly smoke?: No
- Does Sourav Ganguly drink alcohol?: Yes
- His nickname “The Prince of Calcutta” was given by Goeffrey Boycott.
- His family is one of the richest families in Kolkata.
- His does everything under the sun with his right hand except batting.
- In his childhood, he was a huge football fan but due to his brother’s insistence, he was enrolled in a cricket academy.
- He was often dropped from squad because of his attitude problem and it said that once he refused to carry drinks for a senior cricketer.
- In the late 90s, after his successful tour of England, he eloped with his childhood friend Dona Roy as their families were sworn enemies.
- He is considered as one of the most successful captains in the history of Indian Cricket and was first time appointed as the captain of Indian Cricket Team in the year 2000 when Sachin Tendulkar stepped down from the position for his health.
- There is an apartment complex in Kolkata named after him, “Sourav Housing Complex”.
- Following the footsteps of Sachin Tendulkar, he opened a three-story restaurant, “Sourav’s – The Food Pavilion” in Kolkata.
- He presently holds a number of posts including a member of the IPL governing council and a part of the Supreme Court of India appointed Justice Mudgal Committee probe panel for the IPL Spot-fixing.