Sonakshi Sinha Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
|Nickname||Sona Sonakshi's Facebook Account|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 169 cm
in meters- 1.69 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||35-27-35|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Hindi Film: Dabangg (2010)
Tamil Film- Lingaa (2014)
Singing- "Aaj Mood Ishqholic Hai" (2015)
Television- Indian Idol Junior as Judge (2015)
(Film - Dabangg, Best Female Debut)
• Filmfare Awards
• Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards
• International Indian Film Academy Awards
• Star Screen Awards
• Zee Cine Awards
(Film - Son of Sardar, Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Role – Female)
• BIG Star Entertainment Awards
(Film - Lootera, Best Actress)
• Zee Cine Awards
|Date of Birth||2 June 1987 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Patna, Bihar, India|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai|
|College/University||Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women's University (SNDT), Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Fashion Designing Rediff|
|Food Habit||Vegan Her Zindagi|
|Address||49, Ramayan, 9th Road, JVPD Scheme, Juhu, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Photography, Reading books, Doing yoga, and Dancing|
|Tattoo||She has a star tattoo inked on her right collarbone
|Controversy||Sonakshi was once linked to a leaked MMS, which had gone viral on WhatsApp. However, it was proved later that the video was fake. India.com|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Aditya Shroff (of Fame cinemas)
• Zaheer Iqbal (actor)
Note: In June 2022, Sonakshi and Zaheer confirmed their relationship on social media. The Times of India
|Parents||Father- Shatrughan Sinha (actor and politician)
Mother- Poonam Sinha (homemaker)
• Luv Sinha (Elder)
• Kush Sinha (Elder)
|Food||Goanese fish curry
|Actor(s)||Hrithik Roshan, Russell Peters|
|Actress(es)||Sridevi, Rekha, Rani Mukerji|
|Film||Bollywood: Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge
Hollywood: Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Zoolander, Primal Fear,
About A Boy, Love Actually, Notting Hill
|Director||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Books||Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown|
|Colour(s)||Green and Yellow|
|Fashion Designer(s)||Manish Malhotra, Salvatore Ferragamo, Narendra Kumar, and Vikram Phadnis|
|Perfume(s)||Victoria's Secret Pink, Jean Paul Gaultier Classique|
|Travel Destination(s)||Paris and London|
|Car Collection||BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo (GT)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonakshi Sinha
- Sonakshi Sinha is an Indian actress who works primarily in the Hindi entertainment industry. Soon after completing her graduation in costume design, she worked as a costume designer for some films.
- In 2008, Sonakshi Sinha began her career as a model.
- In 2010, Sonakshi Sinha made her acting debut with the film Dabangg opposite Indian actor Salman Khan. She received the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for her role in Dabangg. Later, she appeared in several Hindi films such as Rowdy Rathore (2012), Son of Sardaar (2012), Dabangg 2 (2012), and Holiday: A Soldier is Never Off Duty (2014).
- In 2013, Sonakshi Sinha appeared in the film Lootera in which she played the role of a troubled woman suffering from tuberculosis. She earned critical acclaim for her character in the film and won several accolades and a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
- Sonakshi Sinha is a compassionate animal lover. She is often spotted campaigning for PETA through which she advocates for the adoption of dogs and cats. In 2013, she appeared in a one-minute advertisement for PETA through which she urged everyone to adopt and sterilise animals. In the video, she was saying,
Breeders, pet stores and people who don’t sterilize their animals are responsible for all the animals who end up homeless. Every time someone buys a dog or cat from a breeder or pet store, a homeless animal roaming the streets or waiting in an animal shelter loses a chance at a home and a good life.”
- In 2014, Sonakshi Sinha dubbed her voice for the American film Rio 2. In the same year, she appeared in a music video titled Superstar with renowned Punjabi singer Yo Yo Honey Singh. In July 2014, Sonakshi Sinha bought a team in partnership for the Kabaddi competitions in the World Kabaddi League.
- In 2014, she marked her Tamil debut with the film Lingaa opposite Rajinikanth, and this film was directed by KS Ravikumar.
- In 2015, Sonakshi Sinha appeared in the film Tevar, which was directed by Boney Kapoor. Sinha received critical comments for her role in the film. According to Rajeev Masand, her role in the film was nothing to do with the script of the film. He wrote,
Sonakshi Sinha, playing another simpering damsel in another South remake, once again has nothing to do. She appears content showing up for a few dance numbers, and waiting around for a man to save her.”
- In 2017, Sonakshi Sinha appeared in a titular role in Sunhil Sippy’s comedy film Noor, which was based on Saba Imtiaz’s novel Karachi, You’re Killing Me!. In the same year, she appeared in the film Ittefaq, which was a remake of the 1969 murder mystery Ittefaq. The other cast of the film included Sidharth Malhotra and Akshaye Khanna.
- In March 2017, Sonakshi Sinha announced that she was working on a new single, and reportedly, it was also speculated that on 10 May 2017, she might perform as the opening act for Canadian singer Justin Bieber‘s Purpose World Tour concert at the DY Patil Stadium in Mumbai; however, her program was cancelled.
- In 2018, Sonakshi Sinha appeared in the comedy film Welcome to New York, and the cast of the film included Diljit Dosanjh and Karan Johar.
- In 2019, she was cast in the film Mission Mangal in a supporting role, and the film was unsuccessful at the box office. In the same year, she gave a dance performance on a song titled ”Mungda” from the comedy film Total Dhamaal. Sonakshi Sinha then appeared in the film Kalank along with the actors Aditya Roy Kapur, Sanjay Dutt, Madhuri Dixit, Alia Bhatt, and Varun Dhawan.
- In June 2020, Sonakshi Sinha deactivated her Twitter handle as she was facing some negative trolling on it. Hindustan Times She wrote a message on her Instagram account after deactivating the account. She wrote,
How i got myself off twitter and away from the negativity. Some people are celebrating like they won something… im happy for you, tumhe laga raha hai na… lagne do, kisi ko koi farak nahi padh raha (I am happy that you feel this way. Continue feeling like that, nobody gives a damn).”
- Sonakshi Sinha then worked alongside Ajay Devgn, Sanjay Dutt, and Parineeti Chopra in the war drama film Bhuj: The Pride of India in 2021. In the same year, she appeared in the Hindi film Dabangg 3 opposite Salman Khan, the film was directed by Prabhu Deva.
- Sonakshi Sinha has a nail art website named SOEZI, where she displays and sells various types of nail art products. Sonakshi’s Website
- In Bollywood, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar are Sonakshi’s inspirations.
- Sonakshi Sinha was once trolled on Twitter for her chubby appearance when she shared a Tweet about the meat ban during an ongoing Jain festival in Mumbai. The Times of India She wrote,
Meat ban in Mumbai due to the ongoing Jain festival. She had tweeted, "This is a free country! Welcome to BAN-istan… I meant india.. Stupid.”
- Sonakshi appeared as a judge in several Indian reality shows such as Indian Idol and Indian Idol Junior in 2015, Nach Baliye and Om Shanti Om in 2017, and Myntra Fashion Superstar in 2019.
- Apart from acting, Sonakshi Sinha began her singing career with a song titled “Aaj Mood Ishqholic Hai” in the film Tevar in 2015 in collaboration with Meet Bros. In 2016, she lent her voice to the song “Rajj Rajj Ke” in the film Akira. Subsequently, she has sung four songs including “Rafta Rafta Medley” from the film Yamla Pagla Deewana: Phir Se in 2018. In 2021, she released her two songs titled “Hum Hindustani” and “Mil Mahiya.” Later, she performed a live musical show in which she sang Yo Yo Honey Singh’s hit song ‘Love Dose’ from a girl’s perspective.
- Sonakshi initially worked as an usher (a person who shows people where to sit) at Lakme Fashion Week.
- Apart from acting, she also works as a fashion designer. In her leisure time, Sonakshi loves drawing sketches and painting.
- Before venturing into Bollywood, Sonakshi Sinha was overweight, but for her debut film Dabangg in 2010, she lost 30 kg weight. Soon after she received her remuneration for the film Dabangg, she donated a considerable amount to Salman Khan’s NGO named Being Human.
- Despite her hectic schedule, she makes sure to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Sonakshi is a fitness enthusiast. She often shares pictures and videos of her workout sessions on various social media platforms. She regularly does yoga, swimming, and physical exercise at the gym.
- According to Sonakshi Sinha, she is very particular about her skincare routine; she cleanses, tones and moisturizes on a daily basis and often applies a Multani Mitti pack on her face. She drinks a lot of water to keep her skin fresh.
- In childhood, Sonakshi loved wearing sarees and had a nose pin.
- In a conversation with a media house, Sonakshi Sinha revealed that she received rupees 500 per day when she was working at a Fashion Week. She said,
I got my first pay cheque when I volunteered as an usher at a fashion week. I was still in college then and I was being paid Rs 500 a day. By the time the event ended, I had earned Rs 3000. I gave the cheque to my parents. My mother has framed it and kept it as a memento.”
In the same conversation, she added that whatever amount she earned from movies and songs, she hand over it to her parents. She added,
Till date, every cheque I get, goes to my parents. I have few needs so whenever I need money, I ask them.”
- Sonakshi often posts pictures of her pet dogs on social media. She believes that playing with your pet is the best de-stressing activity.
- Her looks are often compared with the yesteryear actress “Reena Roy.”
- Her mother, Poonam Sinha, is a former Miss Young India (1968).
- She is tech-savvy.
- Sonakshi Sinha is left-handed.
- Sonakshi Sinha is often featured on the cover of several renowned magazines and tabloids.
|↑1||Sonakshi's Facebook Account|
|↑5||The Times of India|
|↑8||The Times of India|