|Real Name||Aishwarya Rai Bachchan|
|Profession||Actress and Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 56 kg
in Pounds- 123 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-36
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green Blue|
|Date of Birth||1 November 1973
|Age (as in 2017)||44 Years|
|Birth Place||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai
|College||Jai Hind College, Mumbai
D. G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai
|Educational Qualifications||College dropout|
|Debut||Film Debut: Iruvar (1997, Tamil film)
Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya (1997, Bollywood film)
|Family||Father- Krishnaraj Rai (Army biologist)
Mother- Vrinda Rai (Homemaker)
Brother- Aditya Rai (Engineer in merchant navy)
Father-in-law- Amitabh Bachchan (Actor)
Mother-in-law- Jaya Bachchan (Actress)
|Address||Jalsa, B/2, Kapol Housing Society, VL Mehta Road, Juhu, Mumbai
Villa in Sanctuary Falls in Jumeirah Golf Estates, Dubai
|Hobbies||Knitting, collecting watches and reading|
|Controversies||• In 1996, she sued the Star and Style magazine for an amount of 20 million (2 crore INR) for publishing that actress Raveena Tandon had caught her and Akshay Kumar in a compromising position at the poolside of a 5 star hotel.
• Her relationship with Salman Khan from 1999 to 2001 was controverial, and after her break-up she said that she faced abuse (verbal, physical and emotional) from Salman Khan.
• After the casting couch sting operation of Shakti Kapoor in 2005, he said that Aishwarya had traded sexual favors for a spot in Subhash Ghai’s movies. But, later he apologized for his words and considered it as a result of his anger.
|Favourite Food||Chicken Curry and Chocolates|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan and Raj Kapoor|
|Favourite Film||Hollywood: Casablanca (1942)|
|Favourite Directors||Mani Ratnam and Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Favourite Book||The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho|
|Favourite Color||Black, Blue and White|
|Favourite Perfume||Happy by Clinique|
|Favourite Fashion Designer||Giorgio Armani|
|Favourite Destination||France, Dubai and South Africa|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rajeev Mulchandani (Model)
Salman Khan (1999-2001)
Vivek Oberoi (Actor)
Abhishek Bachchan (Actor)
|Husband||Abhishek Bachchan, Actor (2007-present)
|Marriage Date||20 April 2007
Daughter- Aaradhya (born in 2011)
|Cars Collection||Audi A8
|Salary (approx.)||9-10 crore/film (INR)
|Net Worth (approx.)||$35 million
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aishwarya Rai
- Does Aishwarya Rai smoke? : No
- Does Aishwarya Rai drink alcohol? : Not Known
- She was a bright student and consistently used to score above 90%.
- If not an actress, she would have either been an architect or in medicine line as she always liked Zoology.
- During her 12th standard, her English professor asked her to do a photoshoot for a fashion magazine, as she was also a photojournalist. After doing it, she started getting modelling offers but she refused them as she wanted to concentrate on her studies. But, after her 12th exams, the glamour world attracted her and she did modelling for a lark.
- Before becoming famous, she tried her luck in voice-dubbing for a TV serial, but was rejected.
- In 1993, she came into limelight with her Pepsi commercial alongside Aamir Khan and Mahima Chaudhry.
- She was the hot favorite to win the 1994 Miss India title, but she lost it to Sushmita Sen, mainly due to her lack of public speaking skills.
- During the Miss World title days in South Africa, all the 82 contestants and the organizers gave her a big surprise birthday bash by singing ‘Happy Birthday’ in their respective languages.
- Julia Roberts once said that “Aishwarya Rai is the most beautiful woman in the world.”
- She is a trained classical dancer.
- She is the only actress to have featured for both Pepsi and Coca Cola.
- During the making of the song Dola Re Dola from the film Devdas (2002), she suffered from ear bleeding due to heavy earrings.
- In 2003, she became the 2nd Indian actress (1st was Parveen Babi) to appear on the cover page of the TIME magazine.
- During the shooting of her film Khakee (2004), she had an accident due to the out of control car of the stuntman, after which she suffered severe cuts.
- In 2004, she became the 1st Indian actress to have her wax statue at London’s Madame Tussauds museum.
- She was offered the role of Breseis in the film Troy (2004), but she turned down the offer.
- She founded Aishwarya Rai Foundation in 2004 to support needy people in India.
- She was initially signed to play the role of Simmi in the film Bluffmaster (2005), but was later replaced by Priyanka Chopra without any notice. After the film was made, Rohan Sippy, the director of the film added a ‘Special thanks” message for her in the end credits as an apology.
- She and her family owns a production company, Target Films.
- She has been supporting Eye Bank Association of India (EBAI), PETA India, Polio Campaign.
- In 2004, she was voted among 100 Most Influential People in the World by Time Magazine.
- Her lavish wedding in 2007 cost around 6 crore (INR), where she wore a 53-carat solitaire engagement ring worth 50 lakh (INR) and received around 15 kg of gold.
- Her daugher Aaradhya is popularly known as Beti B.
- She has Katsaridaphobia, i.e. fear of cockroaches.
- She had a photograph with Ranbir Kapoor in 1998, and 18 years later in 2016 they came together in the film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)