|Other Name(s)||• King Rocco Suffle Music Magazine
• Badnaam Raja Instagram- King
• thisizhyoRoccóbabe Facebook - Arpann Kumar Chandel
|Real name||Arpan Kumar Chandel YouTube|
|Profession(s)||Singer, Rapper, and Songwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut||YouTube Video: Boombass (2015)
Music Album: Circumstances (2018)
TV (contestant): MTV Hustle (2019; sang "Mai Khoya Rahu" in the audition round)
Film (singer): ‘Sahi Galat’ in the Hindi film Drishyam 2 (2022)
|Date of Birth||10 October 1998 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||24 Years|
|School||Navyug Sr. Secondary School, Vinay Marg, Delhi|
|College/University||Dyal Singh College, University of Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (dropped out)|
|Tattoo||On his left forearm- Mashhoor
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Name Not Known (rumoured; ex-girlfriend in 2018) Instagram- King
|Parents||Father- Ashok Chandel
Mother- Rani Chandel
|Siblings||Brother- Amit Kumar Chandel
|Music Album||Hard Drive Vol.1 by Raftaar, besides 36|
Some Lesser Known Facts About King
- King is an Indian rapper, songwriter, and singer. He was among the Top 5 contestants in the MTV reality TV show ‘MTV Hustle’ (2019).
- He was born in Uttar Pradesh, and later, he shifted to Delhi.
- He used to participate in various football competitions while he was in school. He then started developing an interest in music, so he quit football and focused more on music.
- When King was in class 8, he decided that he would make his career as a rapper. In his teens, he used to travel on his scooty for miles to get good microphones and speakers for recording songs. In an interview, while remembering those days, he said,
We would book slots for recording, for like 30-35 mins and to record 4-5 songs. We did record every song in one take. I enjoyed those days as well. But eventually, we did struggle for the life we are living today and it’s all worth it.”
- In childhood, he used to listen to the songs of many famous international singers without even understanding the lyrics. He grew up listening to the songs of the Indian rappers Yo Yo Honey Singh and Raftaar.
- While he was struggling as a rapper, he used to work part-time at New Delhi Municipal Council. With the salary, he used to buy musical instruments. He first bought a guitar and then FL Studio and other music-producing software. Later, he started composing music with the help of one of his friends.
- When he was in class 11, he started making rap songs and released them on his social media accounts. He received positive feedback from the netizens which motivated him to work more on making rap songs.
- King started his YouTube channel titled ‘King Rocco’ in 2012 and uploaded his songs on the channel. He received a silver play button for his YouTube channel in 2019. As of November 2021, he has around 2.3 million subscribers on his channel.
- Under his music album ‘Circumstances,’ he released songs like “She Know,” “Red Dirt State,” “The Divison.” and “Clearly By Now” in 2018.
- He was doing a job in the government sector before he participated in the TV reality show ‘MTV Hustle’ in 2019. The judges were so impressed by his performance in the audition round that they selected him in the Top 15 contestants of the show. He finished among the Top 5 contestants on the show. In the audition round, while introducing himself to the judges, he said,
At the age of 5, I used to listen to vocal groups like Backstreet Boys and Vengaboys. When I was in class 6, I used to be a part of choir singing. In class 11 and 12, I started producing music.”
- He released the songs “Dracula,” “90s,” “Mafiia,” “Let The Eyes Talk,” “IICONIC,” and “Tu Aake Dekhle” under the album ‘The Carnival’ in 2020. In the same year, he released one more music album ‘Heartbreak, Made Me Do It.’
- He came up with the album ‘The Gorilla Bounce’ in 2021 and released the songs including “Casanova,” “Main Bas Kehti Nahi,” “Era,” and “Tera Hua Na Mai Kabhi” under it.
- He loves dogs and often shares pictures and videos with dogs on his Instagram account.
- During an interview, he shared the reason behind keeping his name ‘King.’ YouTube He said,
I belong to the clan of kings ‘Chandel,’ my mother’s name is Raani, and I wanted a common name which is easy to pronounce and is understandable in various countries.”
- King has performed at various live events and stage shows.
- In 2019, his music video ‘Maahaul’ was taken down from YouTube over copywright issues.
- In November 2022, he arrived late at one of his events in Gaurav Garden, Raipur which made the audience very angry. When King arrived, the audience present there started throwing chairs and bottles on stage after which King left the stage, and the show was cancelled. Nav Bharat Times