Binny Bansal Age, Wife, Biography, Facts & More
|Full Name||Binny Bansal|
|Profession||Entrepreneur (Co-Founder of Flipkart)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||Year- 1983|
|Age (as in 2017)||34 Years|
|Birth Place||Chandigarh, India|
|College/University||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||B. Tech in Computer Science|
|Family||Father- Name Not Known (Government Employee)
Mother- Name Not Known (Government Employee)
|Hobbies||Reading, Playing Basketball and Football|
|Controversy||In 2012, Binny and Sachin Bansal led homegrown e-commerce company, Flipkart, was accused of violating foreign direct investment (FDI) rules.|
|Favourite Author||Salman Rushdie|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Trisha Bansal (Homemaker)
|Marriage Date||February 7, 2010|
|House/Estate||Owns a 10,000-sq-ft property worth INR 32 Crore in Koramangala|
|Net Worth||INR 5,400 crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Binny Bansal
- Does Binny Bansal smoke?: Not Known
- Does Binny Bansal drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Many people think that the co-founders of Flipkart – Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal – are brothers. However, in reality, though the two were part of the e-commerce giant Amazon at some point in time before founding Flipkart, they are not even distantly related.
- After graduating with a B.Tech degree in Computer Science from IIT, Delhi, Binny briefly worked for a research and development firm, named Sarnoff Corp., where he devised car sensors that would beep automatically if the driver changed lanes without giving a signal.
- Reportedly, he tried twice for a job at Google but was rejected each time.
- He was then hired by Amazon as a software engineer in January 2007. Only after 9 months of his employment with the online store, Binny and fellow Amazon employee Sachin Bansal called it quits and began making plans to launch their own online bookstore, named Flipkart.
- By November 2007, the duo, with a combined investment of INR 5 lakh, was ready with their business venture. While Sachin Bansal was designated the leader and the public face of the company, Binny took charge as the operations chief.
- When the two began operations in Bangalore, they would themselves pack and deliver books on their scooters.
- Flipkart, which began as only a bookstore, slowly grew and incorporated products from multiple categories, including Fashion, Electronics, Sports, Electrical Appliances, etc.
- Although the two are partners with a similar approach to business, they are completely the opposite in terms of temperament, according to Flipkart employees. While Binny is easy-to-get-along, calm person, Sachin Bansal is infamous for his hot-headedness.
- Despite running a successful multi-million dollar business, a humble Binny underwent personality training and leadership coaching in 2014.
- Flipkart is the first e-commerce company in India to offer “Cash on Delivery”.
- With a net worth of $1.3 billion, Binny, along with Sachin Bansal, was named the 86th richest person in the country by Forbes in 2015.
- Sachin and Binny Bansal were named among 100 most influential people by TIME in 2016.
- In January 2016, Binny was promoted to the post of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Flipkart. However, a year later he was replaced by former Tiger Global Management executive Kalyan Krishnamurthy.
- The two were ranked #26 on India Today’s 50 Most Powerful People of 2017 list.